e46 coilover help!m moar low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e46 coilover help!m moar low!

so my rear is perfect! but my front is a little high..i want the front to tuck most if not all the tire like my rear..how can i do this..different springs? or can i just remove the adjustable part? is that safe? any help.
    want my front like this..dont mind the stock rims

Last edited by 00bmw323; 03-16-2010, 11:07 AM.
    -Jorge-

take the helper spring out in the front that should do the trick. its the small spring on the bottom.

if you look in your third picture, you'll see the big spring/black piece/helper spring/locker
    Last edited by patrick_irwin; 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

ya i think the helper spring taken out will do it, idk how good thats gonna be for the shock though. u must scrape on everything.

also you need shorter endlinks

Comment

thanks!
        -Jorge-

Comment

Originally posted by alexcruz View Post
          ya i think the helper spring taken out will do it, idk how good thats gonna be for the shock though. u must scrape on everything.

also you need shorter endlinks
          you can just remove your front sway bar, so the endlinks dont pop. more coilovers are designed to be used with or without the helper springs. the helper spring is there to ease the ride and add a little comfort

Comment

Before you go and remove the helper... do you have the bumpstops in? Because if you do, I suspect you're sitting on them (and trying to compress them) and trimming them would probably get you more low at the same setting you are at.

Comment

may need to trim your bumpstops, but you can remove your helper spring, and that should get you 1-1.5" or so...if that's not enough you can also remove one of the adjusters for a little bit extra.

i'm not too sure about e46, but you may be able to buy shortened bushings that can help.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Im in love with your drop! What Coilovers do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by slocar View Post
                  Before you go and remove the helper... do you have the bumpstops in? Because if you do, I suspect you're sitting on them (and trying to compress them) and trimming them would probably get you more low at the same setting you are at.
                  this. are those racelands? i experimented with those before i got the ground controls, and from what i noticed, when you are that low, the car is sitting on the bumpstop even before you thread it all the way down. trim it in half and see what results from it. i cant speak for the e46, but on the e36 coils, that was the issue. if it doesnt do anything, you can always put the trimmed half back in. btw, the car looks clean even with those wheels.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

hit us up at Migs Motorsports we have 6inch 9kg/mm B+G springs that will definately make u lower in front!
                    emerson@migsmotorsports.com
                    MigsMotorsports.com
                    San Diego Car Service / Installs and Part Sales... Contact us at info@migsmotorsports.com or call us at 858-334-3989..
                    Suspension B&G / Eibach / H&R / Kw / KYB / Bilstein Wheels Miro / Alufelgen / Rotiform Clothing effin euro - If we do not list it, ask us and well get it!

Comment

Working...
                    X