Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racingharts on a BMW.... who does that??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racingharts on a BMW.... who does that??

Hey guys, my first post and just want to say what's up.

I want to get some feedback on a setup I'm thinking about running. My car is an E46 coupe, lowered on BavAuto Springs. I have a set of older RacingHart C5 Evo's I bought 5-6 years ago for my old Honda that have recently come back into my possession. In order to run them I'll have to get hub adapters, which doesn't really bother me too much. I've also thought about just selling them, but haven't had any luck.

So here's the specs, rims are 18x7.5 / et42 / 5x114.3 and something else. Adapters are 15mm, so that'll change the offset to et27 when they're on the car. Then I'd run a 215/40/18 tire which should have no problems clearing my unrolled fenders. I know it's nothing extreme, but the extra space from the adapters should make it nice and flush like I want in the front, with just a little tuck in the rear.

Here's a photoshop of how it should look from the side

I photoshopped the wheels over my stock style 44's, which are et47, so the Racingharts would stick out an additional 20mm. It's not as extreme as if I were to run Style 5's or something like that, but it should be clean. Every time I try to photoshop them on at an angle it doesn't look right b/c of the high offset of my stock wheels, they sit too far in the fenders. What do ya'll think, sound like a decent plan?
    Last edited by Thatguy_JZ; 07-12-2009, 08:13 PM.

Hm... to be honest, I wouldn't doo that. They are way too skinny to look good on a car like the E46. Needs at least 9s in the rear too look good, imo.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

yeah I feel the same way, 8.5 is the skinniest I'd go on any car, theres no way a 7.5 on the rear of an e46 would look good!

Comment

Would look absolutely awful.

Comment

Those wheels suck. Sell them and get something cool

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

There's a set of style 5's an hour or so away I could get for $600 that need refinished, I've been thinking about getting those but I'd like these gone first. Lol until then I wait.

Comment

Ya, I think 7.5" is just way too skinny. And if you look long enough, you can find a cheaper set of style 5s. Just have to play the horrible waiting game.

Comment

No bueno.
                MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

naaahhh
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

not feeling it.
                    “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Lot's of people have run Racing Harts on BMW's, but I don't think I've ever seen any that skinny

Comment

uhhhhhh.....

Racing Hart Type C 3 piece

Chris-

Comment

Besides the bend in that front wheel, those look great.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                            Besides the bend in that front wheel, those look great.
                            Agreed.
                            MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I've seen that car before on e46fanatics. I would love... no wait... LOVE the chance to switch these for or pick up a set of original C2's or type C's. But, problem is those are hard to come by, especially in 5x120.
                              Last edited by Thatguy_JZ; 07-28-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X