New tires accelera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires accelera?

Looking for some new tires for my 15x8 wheels. Went to the local shop to see if they would stretch them before I buy a set.

I was looking into toyos /yokos /nexens but then this said shop said I got a set of 195/45/15 in stock if you want to look. So I did and he said 85 for mount etc...

Want to know if it is worth buying the accelera tires or getting the other set. I do have a smallish budget this is mainly why im asking.

Any info be great thanks!

85 for a mount is pretty gnarly...
    I try to stick to family run "mexican" tire shops and get all four corners mounted and balanced for free if I get tires there, like 20 bucks or less if I didn't.

I feel like alot of people in the "scene" order their tires online and get them mounted at cheap places.
    that way you can get the right size, you want something that is the same as the rolling diamater of your stock wheels, use tyrestretch.com to figure it out.

Nankang ns2's are pretty great cheap tires, dont spend alot if you're going to wear them out with camber wear and you don't autocross or anything
    Last edited by Stupid Kid; 10-03-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Well the 85 was for tires+mounting, but I have't found much info on these tires some bad some good. Looking for new tires this sat if I get them or I will just order some yokos or the toyos.

Not many shops here carry 195/45 r15 only custom tire shops.

Comment

word that's pretty reasonable. just make sure you getting the right size man

a set of nankang's in that size is like 50 or 60 bucks a piece i think so theres that

Comment

Well the size is what I have been looking into I want to run small stretch. The back tires rub a small bit on bumps.

I thought the price was good too but I just was't too sure on the tire brand. But I think I might give it a shot to see how they work, not to expensive and I wont be doing any hard driving.

Comment

I heard quite a few people with really aggressive setups running acceleras and they like them alot. Im actually going to give them a try on my next rear set of tires. Ive also had:

Federal 595 which were awesome, run a little big
            Falken 452 run a bit small and are noisy after a few thousand miles IMO
            Fullway's dont stretch very good
            Sunny's stretch pretty good but have bad grip

Also heard general exclaims are pretty good and nankang are pretty shitty... Just some random info I've gather from my own experiences/forums

Comment

Working...
            X