Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Coilover Guru: Is There a "Generic" Pitch, Thread Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Coilover Guru: Is There a "Generic" Pitch, Thread Size?

I want to know if there is an industry "standard" per se measurement for the thread and pitch of coilover shafts.

Essentially I am working on something universal (I hope) that threads onto a coilover and I want to know the specs for the threads so that this item can be as universal as possible.

Many thanks to he who can answer this!

I was wondering this the other day as well. I think you'll run into some metric vs. standard issues when it comes to things like GC and KW. Sorry I don't know the answer for sure though.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

A full revolution of the spring perch on a KW is 0.2mm lift or drop. Don't know any info on other brands.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

but your also assuming that a brand uses use the same thread pitch for all of its models of coilovers or vehicles. Although i dont see the reasoning behind changing it.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Yeah, I just figured most coilovers used a universal thread size. Hoping at least...

The 0.2mm is a wonderful start though! Thank you! Is the width of your coilover shaft 50 mm as well? I have noticed many KWs seem to have a 2" (or 50mm) diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
            but your also assuming that a brand uses use the same thread pitch for all of its models of coilovers or vehicles. Although i dont see the reasoning behind changing it.
            Seems like from a business standpoint, it would make more sense to just have to use one size threaded collar...assuming the shock diameters are all the same.

Comment

Can you suggest a good coil over i can put in my 2003 bmw 325ci, and what height i shoudl stay at?

Comment

I'll try to measure my kw's this weekend while i do my oil change

Originally posted by craig123 View Post
                Can you suggest a good coil over i can put in my 2003 bmw 325ci, and what height i shoudl stay at?
                why would you put that here instead of making your own thread?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                  A full revolution of the spring perch on a KW is 0.2mm lift or drop. Don't know any info on other brands.
                  I think you mean 2mm or 0.2cm. Otherwise you have some super fine threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    I'll try to measure my kw's this weekend while i do my oil change
                    I would greatly appreciate it! If you could also measure the coilover diameter that would be another huge help!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshDank View Post
                      I think you mean 2mm or 0.2cm. Otherwise you have some super fine threads.
                      Sorry my bad. Yeah, its 2mm and not 0.2mm.
                      And i have no idea what the size of it is. I would think it was around 50mm. Tho very unsure, and i cant go out and measure it, since i sold the car.
                      -But i really don't think all brands use the same size. Maybe GC uses only one size, and KW only one size, but GC and KW are different from each other. If you catch my draft.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                      X