Rear Tires rubbing on fender....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tires rubbing on fender....

Car: 2007 BMW 550i sport suspension, lowered with sport H&R springs, Niche Milan 20X8.5 F, 20X10.5 R, Nitto 245/30/20 F, & 295/25/20.

Problem: The rear tires are rubbing when driving on road hazards (dips, bumps, etc.)

Solution: I am looking to solve this issuer. Can someone rescue me?

Use a hammer
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

^yup.

heat gun and hammer are all you need.
      Originally posted by cobrawannabe
      More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

Couple of options depending on how picky or dedicated you are...
        1. Get stiffer springs, you will have less suspension travel.
        2. Get a heat gun and a hammer or fender roller, flare and roll your fenders. (be careful with the heat gun as it will loosen your paint, get a damp washcloth to prevent the paint from warping or chipping off)
        3. You can get bump stops for the suspension, so that the tire hits the bump stop, and therefore does not touch the fender.. this depends on how low you are.
        4. or you can 420blazeit bag that thing yo.

Obviously this list is just all possible options.. however just a hammer and heat gun will do like they said. Be careful with the type of hammer to not dimple your fenders to hell.

Comment

Ooor ,u can run rear tyres like.. 265? And make them a little bit stretched?
          Current: 97" BMW E39 523i
          Ex: 94" 318 E36 Convertible
          Ex: 92" 325i NV E36 Saloon

Comment

The tire profile that he currently has leads me to believe that stretching would maybe give an extra 2mm of clearance at most... But stretching would be another option.

Comment

Get a good fender roll or pull, and make sure any tabs holding on the bumper etc.. are out of the way. Or get skinnier tires for more stretches

2000 Honda Prelude

Comment

It could be a lowered spring problem too. Get it checked and see if that is the problem or not.
                product recommendations

Comment

Working...
                X