Lowering for a B7 A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering for a B7 A4

well i want to lower my car and as a high school student don't have too much money, so i was just thinking springs any suggestions or other ideas.

well springs will be the cheapest way but dont go very low...
    what height are you looking to achieve?
    if you want a minimal drop then shocks/springs will be fine
    but if you want more than a like a 1.5 inch drop then coilovers...

Comment

Honestly, the spring thing will just frustrate you in the long term...

Save up some cash and get a set of coils, www.audizine.com has a forum at the top for group buys and specials, and there are typically 3-4 set of different coil specials going on.

For about 1g, you can get a great setup to get as low as you could ever want, and actually help the car perform. rather than just wasting 400-500$, why not just do it right the first time around.

The student claim is BS as well, learn to save a few dollars and you'll wind up happier in the end
      iiililillillliliil
      bar|society

Comment

Originally posted by tivs31 View Post
        Honestly, the spring thing will just frustrate you in the long term...

Save up some cash and get a set of coils, www.audizine.com has a forum at the top for group buys and specials, and there are typically 3-4 set of different coil specials going on.

For about 1g, you can get a great setup to get as low as you could ever want, and actually help the car perform. rather than just wasting 400-500$, why not just do it right the first time around.

The student claim is BS as well, learn to save a few dollars and you'll wind up happier in the end
        Saving is not hard to do, but with a small income it takes forever and really may not be worth it in the end. So bs to your bs claim.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Look on ebay man, there are super cheap coilover sets on there. I have run a couple of said sets in different cars, they were good and come with 2-3year warranty's so win win. Obviously not as good as a 1k set but come on, unless your racing, your going to be going so slow and dodging bumps everywhere so fuck ride comfort. Low takes priority for me

People who argue that cheaper coilovers are shit are probably rich and have never actually used cheap ones. Or for that matter, 'used' their expensive ones for what they are made for

Comment

Working...
          X