stance nation.. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance nation.. Help!

had the Billstein PSS kit on for a little while now - but only today decided to play with the height...

to my amazement, the is as low as I can get the rear to sit! wtf??

the front is about only half way down (actually had to raise them a bit in order to balance the car out) - BUT this is the very lowest setting on the rear.

very disapointed for some reason - thought for sure I'd be able to slam the car to the floor...

what am I going wrong & how do I get this thing lower in the rear (so I can then drop the front too), without having to cut springs or buy new coils??

tires are 215-40-17s

also, any suggestions on what size spacers I need to push the wheel out to be flush with the fenders (yea, they will be rolled soon)?

another POW
    Last edited by marko; 03-07-2010, 08:24 PM.

Some people remove the height adjuster on the rear spring, if you get what I mean. It should give you another 15mm or so.

Comment

wait.. so remove both counteracting nuts? let the springs rest directly on the pads?

what about a thiner pad above & underneath the spring - do thet exist & will they make a difference?

Originally posted by Will™ View Post
      Some people remove the height adjuster on the rear spring, if you get what I mean. It should give you another 15mm or so.

Comment

Originally posted by marko View Post
        wait.. so remove both counteracting nuts? let the springs rest directly on the pads?

what about a thiner pad above & underneath the spring - do thet exist & will they make a difference?
        Yes I mean put the spring in there alone with no "seat".....as if you just bought a set of lowering springs.

I`m assuming the e36 compact can have just a spring in there on its own, (something in the back of my mind is telling me there`s a z axle rear setup like the e30`s).

Would you be able to put the spring in there on its own??? If not, could you use some other brand of lowering spring, thats known to give more of a drop?

Comment

Ahhh.. brilliant! I get it... thats exactly what I'll do. Remove the counteracting nuts all together, since the rear end is the same as teh E30 M3.

Originally posted by Will™ View Post
          Yes I mean put the spring in there alone with no "seat".....as if you just bought a set of lowering springs.

I`m assuming the e36 compact can have just a spring in there on its own, (something in the back of my mind is telling me there`s a z axle rear setup like the e30`s).

Would you be able to put the spring in there on its own??? If not, could you use some other brand of lowering spring, thats known to give more of a drop?

Comment

Working...
          X