E30 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Build Thread

i used to be on this forum as a kid, i was about 15 or 16 when i got my first e30. since then ive owned a stanced galant that was totalled. i have a stanced b5 s4 and also a under constrution e90. i finally found a clean e30 that i wanted and picked it up. through all the cars and forums ive been on ive never done a proper build thread. this will be the first. from beginning to end.

first picture ever taken, saw it at a dealership. couldnt let someone else have it. i wasnt even thinking of buying a car before i saw it.

ive been installing headunits in my friends cars and my own for years but i decided i didnt want to deal with the cars 20 year old wiring and left it to a pro

cant tell in the pic but this was the first time i washed it. see if it would look any different. it didnt, needs paint

welcomed in to the orange tow hook mafia. need to repaint the grills and get new foglights

uhh illestttttt

@eraunpetrytoday

eighty nine?

Comment

89 is correct.

my buddy scott picked up his E30 today. 86 325

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

subscribed

Comment

if anyones ever gotten an alignment at my shop theyve gotten it from the guy that owns that car

parts purchased this weekend for my car

ecodes
          DDM tuning hids 55w 6000k
          shift boot/e brake boot
          euro plate filler
          ground controls
          h&r race (for the e90)
          random odds and ends to complete the restoration

i should be getting bombarded with parts in 4 to 5 business days.. cant wait for install day.

today we plan to lower scotts e30. will post pics if we get it done

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

is this a copy n paste from another forum? unless you're what...17 now?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

lmao

1990 325is- current project
              1986 325e- Parts Donator
              2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
              1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Lols
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

its on r3vlimited yes

but no im not seventeen

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous of your stable of cars and parts. They look good though, keep it up

Comment

my apartment complex is definetily not happy with my stable. especially since only the e30 wont wake u up when it starts

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Originally posted by loneStar22 View Post
                        ive been installing headunits in my friends cars and my own for years but i decided i didnt want to deal with the cars 20 year old wiring and left it to a pro
                        installing a headunit in an e30 is just like any other car

Originally posted by loneStar22 View Post
                        random odds and ends to complete the restoration
                        shit, you must work fast .. already completing the restoration and we didnt even get to see it start ?

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
                          installing a headunit in an e30 is just like any other car

shit, you must work fast .. already completing the restoration and we didnt even get to see it start ?
                          not when theres no easy way (harness). and the speaker wires have a common ground (something ive never dealt with before.

compared to my buddy scotts e30 my front suspension is trash in my e30. u can move the steering wheel about an inch and the car doesnt track either way. it drives straight but thats the only good thing about it. so in about a week or so im doing new tie rods, LCA w/ bushings and such. cant wait for that new steering wheel feel on those fresh ground controls.

also ive decided. my first wheel choice was oz futuras. but shit im a college student with a car note. im just not in the position to have baller wheels on this car. so yes, ill be rockin reps. but u better believe it will look good. **** to burst anyones bubble but yeah. new pics of the e90 coming soon once its its lowered

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Your gonna keep the fedex man busy!

I can't wait to see where you go with it.
                            -Nick

Comment

ahhhh sessyyyy!

et check

just seein what +15 looks like. i think im gonna go lower with the offsetsss
                              Last edited by loneStar22; 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM.

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Working...
                              X