Banning bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning bots

Maybe we should just auto ban anyone who puts Oakley sunglasses in there sig. Too many bots have shown up spamming it like crazy.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

I always do when I come across one.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

damn, a lot of spambots and random stuff sellers again
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

There should be a way for users to report bots, spam, and flaming easily. I could not find a way to report members within the forum system. It would be an efficient addition to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Artifacts in Motion View Post
          There should be a way for users to report bots, spam, and flaming easily. I could not find a way to report members within the forum system. It would be an efficient addition to the forum.
          Have you tried the "report post" button? It can be used to report posts

We do ban the bots as we see them though.
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

maybe we need more US nighttime admins, already reported 3 thread in the past 2 hours

because i don't know how bad it is when i'm sleepin
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              maybe we need more US nighttime admins, already reported 3 thread in the past 2 hours

because i don't know how bad it is when i'm sleepin
              This is appreciated and we do take action on these reports. Currently there are steps being taken to reduce the spam, it is a busy time of year for it though.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                Have you tried the "report post" button? It can be used to report posts

We do ban the bots as we see them though.
                It took me awhile to figure out that it was the little shield in the bottom left of the post. Pardon my ignorance

Comment

This place is getting overrun with bots.

Since Dave doesn't like the "report" button, I'll let you guys do the hunting.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I don't know much about vbulletin but surely somebody has come up with a solution to this sort of thing?

I'm not meaning to knock on the admins but I've rarely seen a site hit as hard with spam bots as this one has been lately, it just sucks really.

Best way to stop this shit is to get bots to stop from signing up, right? Its been a while since i made my account so i don't exactly remember but if the only layer is a captacha then that may explain why so many bots are getting through, its not very difficult to solve it with just software nowadays. Might want to add another layer or something.

I dunno i'm just nerding out and speaking from a bit of black hat experince...
                    Last edited by Stupid Kid; 12-22-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X