pretty sure id lose a bumper if that happened
    -Jason
    http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

I have to remove mine each time LOL
      1995 M3 C38 S/C
      [B]2001 Audi A4 2871r/B]

Comment

Just once, 2 days after I bought it. Waterpump and thermostat failed, car overheated. Was replaced on dealer warranty... there's quite a funny story behind that.

I was on the way home from school, didn't pay attention to the temp gauges, suddenly when I looked in the mirror I was trailing a bit of white smoke. Looked at the water temp gauge and it was way into the red.
        Stopped immediately, luckily I was just 500m away from a rest stop.

Called the dealer, described the problem. He said he'd be there in 30 minutes with a tow truck.

2 Minutes after my call my phone rings. I pick it up, it's the dealer. He must have accidentally pressed some buttons on his phone or something to call me back. He didn't notice the phone was on. I could hear very good how the 2 guys that ran the small used car lot had a real row, lol. Something like "Yeah, I told you we couldn't sell a car with that many kms! Now look at what happened! This is coming out of your share!" or something, lol.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

my e30 (which had a blown head gasket when i bought it, i knew this) managed to get towed within an hour of purchase. the head gasket had been seeping slightly (confirmed by compression test by p.o.) but the car would run fine, just stumble slightly in the higher rpms. while going around the baltimore beltway with it, it managed to blow a hose, and then overheat so badly it started detonating. it got to the point where it was slowing down, while going downhill in 1st gear with the pedal on the floor. lucky for me my buddys house was at the bottom of that hill. left it there and called a tow truck to take it to my house.

i was planning on replacing the motor anyway, so i wasn't worried about killing it.
          gooby pls

Comment

only been towed once this year, v-belt decided to explode itself and take out the other 2 belts.
            2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
            2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
            1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

I can't get on a tow truck

Comment

So what do you do sean?

My cars been towed three or four times, but it was at stock ride height then so it was no biggie.

Comment

On location repairs.

Comment

I have to call in a flat bed and inch the bastid on there, always takes 30 min and scrapes the bottom of my front bumper. So be it.
                    [

Comment

nevar

Comment

Originally posted by Travis C View Post
                        nevar
                        x2... i would never even make it on a flatbed

Comment

once last year, this year nothing (knock on wood). I popped an oilpan about 1 mile away from my old mans house. Needless to say he wasn't thrilled about having to pull my car to his house at 12am. My friends had to come over the next day with the coilover keys and a jack, spent about 1.5 hours raising it (fuck you KW and your perches), and low and behold they sent a wrecker instead of a flatbed, FML.

Raised it a little more and tried again, almost f'ed the intercooler but got it on and towed it to the shop. A new oilpan, motor mount, and 675 dollars later i was good to go.

It was pretty gnarly to bottom out hard enough to break a motor mount.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

E30: 8
                            e46: 0
                            -Brandon
                            E46 No More..
                            Her Concise History:
                            http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

I have a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X