Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats everyones way of ensuring your wheels dont get stolen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats everyones way of ensuring your wheels dont get stolen?

Just looking for the best way to prevent some one stealing my wheels. Alarm systems, airride/low enough static, wheel locks any thing you guys have found works the best, or multiple things?

Thank you

Rig an electric shock system to your alarm. That'll do it. Either that or flame throwers that come out the centre caps

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
      Rig an electric shock system to your alarm. That'll do it. Either that or flame throwers that come out the centre caps
      haha that would be nice

Comment

My car has an alarm that activated by a level. Seeing as im tucking tires you have to put the car up pretty high to get the wheels off, and e39 alarms are loud as shit.

If i wake up to the sound of my alarm going off im calling the 5-0 and then going outside to wreck shop. I feel pretty safe about it though, modern cars are hard to steal and mess with. Uh so yeah multiple things.

Comment

Stand by your car with a bat
          sigpic
          1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
          1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Wheels as in wheels? Or the entire car?

I got some special wheel lock bolts, they're project kic's, I reckon they would at least slow someone down.

Also the car is low enough it would be hard to jack up.

As for the entire car I always park it in well lit or busy areas. Places where it can be seen fairly easy from almost every direction. Or I'll park it so that I can see the car from where I'm at. Car just has the standard oem alarm which I doubt would do anything.
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

^ I park it out in the back of the lot, closer to the street. It keeps people from bumper and door checking me and makes it harder for anybody to feel comfortable messing with it because there aren't any other cars to hide behind around it. There's too much parking at my complex so im the only car for a half dozen spaces

Comment

thanks everyone i got keyed lugs and going to get the viper alarm system with the level detection

Comment

If I remember correct accuair makes an anti theft mode, that ties into your alarm, so if your alarm goes off it empties the bags putting the vehicle to the ground! I thought that was neat. I just have an alarm and air it out at night.
                  When in doubt lower it!

Comment

Working...
                  X