Alignment specs needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment specs needed

Hey ya'll, my Left Front is going through tires like a big ol bitch, so it's time for an alignment. I took it to my friendly neighborhood alignment rack and they gave me two options, of which I can pick one.

1) align it back to stock specs (laaaaaaame)

2) give them specs to align it to.

I haven't taken the rear suspension apart since its last been aligned, so it's golden back there, but up front is blowing it hardcore. Both sides have very mild camber, but the left front has had it's toe in/out messed with and is now shredding its tires (went through a brand new RS-A in about 4 dang days)

So my question for you guys is, what "specs" should I be telling these guys to make my toe correct, and not tire shreddy? I picked up a sweet set of wheels, and more importantly, tires, and don't want to destroy them before I get an alignment. Any input would be cherished.
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

Also I literally couldn't tell you where this thread belongs, so here it is, right up in here.
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I'm a firm believer in setting the toe to factory spec.

Get the camber where you want it, then have the toe adjusted within the factory spec. When I used to do alignments at school, that's what I did. Never had tire wear issues due to toe.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post

Get the camber where you want it, then have the toe adjusted within the factory spec. When I used to do alignments at school, that's what I did. Never had tire wear issues due to toe.
        Stoked to hear this. I don't really need the camber right now, but my 17's and nice wide tires are gonna need it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll b able to actually get on the rack
        '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
        '01 BMW 740iL
        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Alignment

Originally posted by andybob View Post

I know this is an old reply from an old thread, but I just want to make sure. So my EF civic sedan is pretty low and it developed its own camber at front (little camber from lowering). I want to keep it, but I also want to have everything in a good shape, especially tires. So its just like you said, tell the guy to leave the camber like it is and set the rest to factory spec? Front wheels right now are turning to the outside of the car (I hope you understand what I mean).

Comment

Working...
          X