Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowering Springs or Coilovers, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Springs or Coilovers, which is better?

Which would be better and give more value for money?

Lowering springs will never go low enough

/thread.

Comment

coilovers! lower and stiffer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Lowering springs will never go low enough

/thread.
        Not true. Just move the spring perches down. Requires cutting and welding but you can be low and a traditional non adjustable setup...

insta:yungwymo

Comment

So let me get this straight before I order my setup. Are you guys saying that coilovers will give me that "low rake" drop I'm looking for, but if I go with springs, I will have to cut?

Sounds like for the sake of affordabliity and looks, I might be leaning towards coilovers.

but do I get coilovers for front and back? or just the front with springs in the back?

any advice is appreciated.
          Django940 build thread

Comment

Coils
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Do coilovers because it will allow u to get the stance u want just how u like it

Comment

this is stanceworks not springsworks hahaha if you wanna go low and slammed as everyone else says buys coilovers. you can adjust them

nuff said

Comment

geezus, people need to do Some sort of research before asking questions on occassion.

coilovers are best long term value for money. depending on application and which ones you get, you can usually adjust ride height independant of spring droop, adjust camber, adjust damping. They will get low and still have travel internally with short shocks.

Springs will kill stock shocks. You can get shorter/harder shocks to match, but then as above you may need to cut and shut housings to get it to sit all how you want. Then when you add up costs there, unless you do a lot yourself and are able to work out lower cost options, then you are into coilover territory $$ anyway.

essentially coilovers 'should' let you get lower than you ever want to and still be functional for the most part. this is why they are generally the best.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I asked because every car I ever dropped I used lowering springs and HD shocks and got a real decent drop. but eversince I came to THIS site, the "drops" are outstanding but it appears you guys are not losing any ride comfort...THAT'S my biggest concern. I want that "low" without feeling every bump in the road and end up not liking my ride.

So it's official, I'm going with coilovers. I need to get my cherry popped sometime might as well be with a recommendation from StanceWorks.....

Django940 build thread

Comment

checking the web and can't find a brand of coilovers for the 940 wagon. any suggestions?
                      Django940 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 940 View Post
                        checking the web and can't find a brand of coilovers for the 940 wagon. any suggestions?
                        This maybe?

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
                          Yep, after an exhaustive search online and tips from this site, that site you posted is my best bet thanks. I'm already in the process of ordering all the parts I need to drop it just right. thanks.
                          Django940 build thread

Comment

Just get bags

....If your about that life!!!
                            [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
                              These..What will be going on my 245
                              1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Working...