Nightshoot Lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshoot Lighting?

Ok so my friends and I really really want to do a night shoot but our budgets don't really allow for real photo lights so we want to get some work lights from home depot but we have no idea how to power them when we are no where near an outlet. So with that said what do you guys use for your night shoots and do you have any suggestions for us?
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

you could use a power inverter for power if it's work lights, but I have no recommendation as to which type of lights to use.

Comment

You can get some vivitar flash's for cheap. Most likely cheaper than the worklights.

Comment

The work lights are $30...

And in terms of a power inverter I don't know how well that would work because the work lights are like 1000 watts. (I know its INSANE).
        Last edited by Kielan; 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Honestly, the portable power source most of us use is a Vagabond 2 or something similiar and typically costs as much as a set of strobes.

350ish IIRC.

So your best bet is still going to be Vivitars.

Comment

Definitely will do the Vivitars then, if I can't get a good power source for the work lights.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

yea id go with the Vivitar 285's aswell @ about $90 a piece (B&H) you can hardly complain...

Comment

285's are cool because you can trigger them manually. my 430ex i dont know if i can.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

mercury lights from home depot. friend used it.

Comment

Originally posted by mad325is View Post
                    yea id go with the Vivitar 285's aswell @ about $90 a piece (B&H) you can hardly complain...
                    I got mine used for $30 shipped in great condition.

Comment

I will definitely look around some to see what I can find. If I can get one for $30 I will for sure, at that price I can say F*CK work lights, (seeing as they are the same price).
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Why not rent some speedlights?

Comment

I have no idea where I would rent some speedlights around here. If anyone the Fairfield County area knows where I can rent some please do let me know.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Check if there is a Calumet Photo store in your area? You can probably rent a generator, but that's probably too much to haul around.

Comment

ok, so here's another idea...

Me and 3-4 friends went out shooting, each had a cam, we setup the car in a darkish corner, and using my friends other digi rebels, we shot the flashes at the car as much as we could...

here is one of the results:

you could also use some wide beamed flashlights as well...

lotta cheapo ways to do it, just have to be creative, and keep working on the shots, it might not happen exactley on the first shot, but after a while you'll get a hang of it.
                              iiililillillliliil
                              bar|society

Comment

Working...
                              X