99 Regal GSE Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Regal GSE Stance

Ok so I have a 99 regal that I am wanting to lower and was curious if anyone on here has any recomendations?? I have been looking at the Vogtland spriings and the eibach springs but they only offer 1.2" drop and I would really like to get rid of all gap between the tire and fender. Looking at putting 18's on but really want to get the stance and then decide on wheels, and offset. I really want a dish on the face of the rim but not a big fan of the convex face. any feedback would be great.

am i the only Regal owner here??

Comment

a quick search on here indicates you are possibly the only regal seeking stance (at least your body style). Which means you get to be a pioneer! congrats. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think when you say " but really want to get the stance and then decide on wheels, and offset" i think you mean get your ride height dialed in then pick your wheels. your final fitment with wheels and suspension setup is what would deem it "stanced" or just slammed/lowered (mattering on your fitment)

Now on to the real topic on hand, look into doing custom springs (ie. Swift, ground control, ect) and either getting shorter strut inserts or look for a whole mcpherson coilover setup from another vehicle that you could retro fit. or better yet just spend the money and get yourself bags

If you search around on here, there are a lot of people who have made custom suspension (using very similar suspension design compared to your regal) and even have great photos of how they went about doing it.

Best of luck!

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

The Intrigue, Impala, Grand Prix, and Monte Carlo are all "2nd-Generation W-body" cars like your Regal, and should have mostly interchangeable suspension components. According to RockAuto's parts interchange, your car shares the same shocks and struts as a '97-'08 Grand Prix.

User 'bakerdd' here on S/W slammed his '99 Grand Prix using KYB AGX struts/shocks and coil sleeves, and he gets LOW. Check out his build thread here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=31063&

Hope that helps and steers you in the right direction.
        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Towards the end of the thread I'm on bags instead. If your car is interchangabe with mine, give arraut motorsports or ht motorsports (don't know what they prefer to be called) or zzp a look. They have the stuff that I had for sale. The limitations of the kit though, are that the agx struts don't like spring rates much higher than about 400 lb or 450 lb and you need at least that or higher to slam it all the way and not bottom out the strut. Plus I've heard that axg's cant be revalved to handle a higer spring rate. Also take a look at chopping up some stock struts and getting koni inserts. I'm actually in the process of looking it up right now

Comment

Thank you Daviticus and bakerdd! your replies are much appreciated. I started a build thread, I'm not exactly stanced but in due time I will get there.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44387

Comment

Working...
            X