• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEX coils

well imma broke college student
    and my e34 is currently stanceless
    ive so far only found two options for coilovers
    NEX and GC
    id love to save for GCs but im gonna end up shortening the strut housings but i dont wannt drop $1700 on coils and then cut them up
    so im wondering what you guys think about $730 NEX SS coilovers

first things first.. if you buy the full GC kit you dont have to shorten the housings they do it for you, theres nothing wrong with cutting the strut housings. Its a good thing it lets you go lower and it lets you maintain good ride quality.

I have Nex coils have had them on my car since june I love them despite what people may say about them I havent had any problems they ride and handle amazingly well.
    If you have the money GC is the best you can get but that said Im willing to go out on a limb and say that Nex offer great quality and an amazing bang for the buck

Comment

yeah the GC money aint there at alll so ill prolly stick with NEX
      how much do you have out of your housings, if any?
      also got any pics of your car por favor

Comment

the standard 2 inches removed from the front housings
        here are some pics amigo

sorry for the whoring couldnt resist

Comment

aahh samson! lol no need for apologies
          absolutely love your car man
          so many nice 34s on bf.c
          i wish my RS' were 17s ugh

Comment

Ahaha thanks man ....I wish my style 5s were RS' so I guess we're even

Comment

Why not Ksports???

Comment

Just got a set of Nexs myself.. Getting the struts shortened on monday I'll let you know how I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Raspberry View Post
                  Ahaha thanks man ....I wish my style 5s were RS' so I guess we're even
                  aaha indeed

Originally posted by mystick6 View Post
                  Why not Ksports???
                  1400 bucks

Originally posted by topik View Post
                  Just got a set of Nexs myself.. Getting the struts shortened on monday I'll let you know how I like them.
                  aha sweet man

Comment

I got the NEX kit for my e24 cuz like you I dont have the money to be dumping $1500 on coils. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the e34 kit. I'm sure you have read the thread, but just in case you haven't here you go. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1247834

Comment

I got my front strut housings modified and tossed the NEXs on the other day. After a day of driving I'm pretty impressed with the ride quality which is much better than I thought it would be. Most cheap coilover kits are extremely bouncy whereas the NEX coils don't feel much stiffer than the billy sports/b&gs I just took off the car. Right now I'm running around in 4x4 mode until I get the car aligned.

Comment

It's gonna get pretty bouncy in the rear as you lower it, fronts are about perfect for the weight of the e34 though. Might want to look into some sort of aftermarket strut mounts though, I went through a few stock e34 fronts with mine. I'll agree though, the ride is pretty nice overall considering the price, lack of adjustability, etc

Comment

you can get custom rear springs in whatever rate you want from GC...the spring diameters are the same so the are interchangeble so you can get a stiffer spring rate for the rear if youre looking to go really low.... not to mention the rear GC shock inserts also work with the NEX so thats a nice plus but there is a one year warranty on the shocks which is nice and replacements can be had for 140 plus shipping if need be. Im not sure about the strut mounts I'd have to inquire but Im sure there is some aftermarket alternative.
                          Personally I feel the ride on the NEX is perfect...If I got a GC setup I would get 550lb springs all around and set the dampening the same way the NEX is set I absolutely love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
                            It's gonna get pretty bouncy in the rear as you lower it, fronts are about perfect for the weight of the e34 though. Might want to look into some sort of aftermarket strut mounts though, I went through a few stock e34 fronts with mine. I'll agree though, the ride is pretty nice overall considering the price, lack of adjustability, etc
                            good to know. i guess i'll look into getting a set of heyle hd mounts in the future. overall i've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the nex stuff. time will tell though..

Comment

Okay guys I need some quick advice.

I dropped my car off at a shop in Socal to have my strut housings modified, have the coils installed, then get the car aligned. It turns out that they didn't modify the strut housings correctly, as at full low the car sits about the same as the car on the first page of this thread at full high. They're trying to charge me an extra $500 now to have the strut housings cut more and then to have them rethreaded - this is the price they claim to have gotten from the shop they sublet to. Can someone please throw me a bone here and tell me what a REASONABLE price would be for this work? I paid $450 to have the struts modified, installed and aligned.

The shop is holding onto my car ATM and I really have no idea what to do. I'm upset b/c they told me they'd done thousands of sets of GCs so they'd be able to take of these NEXs no problem.

help please!

Comment

Working...
                              X