Maternity shoot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity shoot.

a friend of mine and i did a shoot this morning for a sister of a guy i know. probably not what you're thinking because this isn't his sister. his sister owns an online maternity clothing website and she needed some shots for the site. anyhow, chances are good that none of my shots will be used because i wasn't hired for the shoot, i was just tagging along to help. something came up and we only managed about half of the shoot, so here are a few that i've got edited too far. i've been accused of over editing in the past, and tried not to go too far overboard. especially considering there is a chance these shots will be used on a website. i figured i'd share because i haven't picked up my camera in quite some time now, and i feel that they came out decent.

this one is straight out of "stepford wives."

i was quite happy with what i've got thus far, considering we did the shoot in someones living room.

3 B800's, 2 big ass soft boxes and a beauty dish. i shoot a rebel XTI and tamron 28-75, we use pocketwizards. my buddy shoots a 7D with a 24-70L. everything is his. i did however provide my own camera and pocketwizard.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

i think they look awesome. great job!

Comment

pics are definitely website quality.. hope yours get on there. shots are excellent
      www.stateofstance.com

sigpic
      The unofficial Work Wheels whore in the making

Comment

PREGGERS!

Pics look pretty good, definitely catalog material.

Comment

the pics look great! Definitely not over processed! Hopefully they use some of your pictures! I would have liked to see her a little bit further away from the background, i dunno just being picky i guess haha
          Flickr WaterCooled Militia EuroPlush

iggy@canibeat.com

Comment

Nice job on toning back the editing.

Comment

Very nice work man, those came out great.
              www.marcuscookephotography.com

Team RareJDM

Comment

I know I'm always the guy kind of tearing shots apart, especially my own, so here's what I have to say in that regard. Perhaps a hair light to further separate the model from the background. Along with that, maybe a little more distance between the model and background, or larger aperture to get rid of the texture and shadows that I can kind of see there. Perhaps even a light on the background itself.

Overall though, nice job sir. I don't want to seem like I'm saying that they aren't good, because they are. I just look for room for improvement in just about anything, from photography to cars. Some great product, clothing line oriented shots though, and they would be spot on for a website showcase.
                I like to modify things.
                flickr
                Inyo Photo
                -Chad

Comment

thanks guys. the biggest issue is with the background. the drop wasn't long enough to get her away from it. we're gonna do some more of this shoot in the morning. the hardest part is that in order to get all of her in the shot, she has to stand on the background. it's just too short to mover her further away from it. i agree 100% though. she needs to be further away. being that we're shooting the clothing itself, it makes it hard. i feel that the only thing holding us back is the background. gonna see what i we can do about moving her further away from the back drop tomorrow. unfortunately i cant stop down any further because i dont have a polarizer for my tamron. all of them were shot at F/10. but again, i'll see what we can do about moving her back further from the back drop. the shadows bother me, as well as the definition in the back drop. i appreciate all the helpful comments though.

Comment

Comment

Nice house !
                      2008 Accord Coupe ASM/Vossen CV1'S/Megan SS/

Comment

Working...
                      X