Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surfing today in Pacific Ocean and then BAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfing today in Pacific Ocean and then BAM!

Dude next to me has a diabetic shock seizure and goes belly up with limp arms. Fucking guy was drowning and I thought he was deaded. Waves coming and this guy is completely under just taking water and taking water.

I paddle over to him and get there the same time as a female lifeguard and she cant get him out of the water. I pulled him up and put him on my board and she swam us in while I pinned his chest and arms down because he was seizing and going into shock. Got dude into shore, he pukes a fucking gallon or so of salt water and is doing okay.

Just wanted to let you know to be careful out in the water. On side note, I had to help a kid out today who got stuck in the rip current and was getting pulled out.

Weird day at the beach but I did rip for a bit in between my heroics.

Good job, SuperSwirls
    [

Comment

Yeah, I think people often underestimate fat guys.

Comment

Nice work bro!

Comment

Nice work bro! The only thing you did wrong was pin him down. When someone is shaking/seizing you should let them do it. It actually doesn't hurt them as much as it looks, and you can hurt them worse trying to stop them. I understand you had to keep him on the board though.

I have my lifesavings and CPR certification through the police department.

Comment

...and now you're my hero. <3

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
              Nice work bro! The only thing you did wrong was pin him down. When someone is shaking/seizing you should let them do it. It actually doesn't hurt them as much as it looks, and you can hurt them worse trying to stop them. I understand you had to keep him on the board though.

I have my lifesavings and CPR certification through the police department.
              You are, though, supposed to hold their head, correct? To keep them from injuring themselves?

Comment

Bro, I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I can swim my ass off and for long durations. It doesn't make sense to me either. I just saw a guy about to be deaded and instinct and situational awareness said save this dudes life.

I was just trying to make sure he stayed on the board by wrapping an arm around his mid section and holding the arm closest to me to keep from getting bopped in the grill.

Comment

you definately saved his life... he would be floating out there somewhere right now

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                  You are, though, supposed to hold their head, correct? To keep them from injuring themselves?
                  Nope... if someone is seizing you should leave them alone unless they had something in their mouth they could possibly swallow or choke on like a pencil or food. When they stop seizing you would place them in the recovery position which is on their side with their bottom arm out and the other arm tucked close to their body.

Comment

Damn.... scary shit.
                    -Brandon
                    E46 No More..
                    Her Concise History:
                    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

So, you saved someone's life?

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                        ...and now you're my hero. <3
                        Took da words right out mah mouf.
                        Originally posted by da3bous
                        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

All hail SuperSwirls!

No kidding man, you did a good thing there.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

After he puked up all of the water and then kind of came too. He said he was diabetic and they gave him a coke. 10 minutes later the guy was up and walking around like nothing ever happened.

I on the other hand, was shook.

Comment

Did he thank you?

Comment

Working...
                              X