Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I go more then -5 camber on a EG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I go more then -5 camber on a EG?

So yes, its a Honda, **** all you want, but I already have a street civic, and this is my stanced civic. Sadly, from the camber kit I just bought, I can only get -5 degrees of camber. I want my rear to look like the red EG that was huge on the forums whiles ago. Whats needed to get that much camber? Do I need to mod my camber kits to fit that? That red EG runs alot more than -5 it seems. Any help would be great thanks.

Heres my civic now, its a work in progress and will get my build on here soon

your photo doesnt work.

I am also an EG stance supporter lol. Not many people talk about how they get mad rear camber but i've been able to get 6.5degrees with my rear camber kit maxed out, mine is some no name chinese crap but it did get more camber then my SPL kit i had previous (which i even tried removing the lock nuts to get extra camber.... but never drove it that way because it wasnt safe in that form).

The best option is to get some custom camber arms for the rear fab'ed up. Alternately you can get your current center adjuster (the piece in the middle of the camber arm that adjusts the camber) machined down a bit on both ends to allow for more camber, i would recommend it be done professionally since you would require a left hand tap to properly clean the threads out on one end of the adjuster. also shorter catch nuts would give you the same effect ( again remember one end is left hand tread)

once the snow clears up here i should be revisiting this issue on my EG depending on which set of wheels i run this year.

Best of luck,

And keep calm and carry on!

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

Start bending things. Obviously none of the suspension bits on the market were intended to correct for - or add, for that matter - such a ridiculous amount of camber, so you'll have to turn to custom modifications to get the extremity you are looking for.
      - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Yea, thats what I'm aiming for! Nice camber and tuck. I run 195/45/15 15x8's all around with Diamond Racing steelies. And dropped on FormVFunction Coils and just bought GodSpeed camber kits. But I'l mod those if needed.

Comment

The Godspeeds are the adjustable ball joint type, right? With 4 allen head screws holding the bracket the ball joint sits in?

You should be able to slot the holes and move the ball joints even further inward, if that is the case.
          - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

So I should be able to push more then 5? Will it add onto the amount of camber I have now? Or no?

Comment

You tell me. You haven't answered my question.

Comment

Of course, I got fakes, got them in today, dont have a Godspeed logo.... I wont trust Amazon again..

Comment

Shitty business bro.

That just means you can take a torch and grinder to them without shame now!

Comment

LOL so true, sooo very true!!! Sucky thing is, got one on, and the other bolt connected to the brake stripped to the max, cant get it off

Comment

Working...
                    X