Stance in the VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance in the VA

Dudes, i like in Virginia Beach. the roads in the 757 are horrible. the interstate has these huge expansion joins that swell all year long, and they take their sweet ass time fixing them. i mean some are so huge theyre like little speed bumps across the HWY.
    I kow you guys in NOVA know what im talkin gabout, particularly you cats in DC.

My question is, are you guys DDing on these slammed, poked out stanced cars?

Im not that low, and on 18s, but sometimes i feel like, OMG, that mustve broke something when i hit these bumps. I know one member, this guys, is hella slammed and stanced, but i don think he drives it around these crap roads daily. Potholes are not so bad, because i generally know where they are and can dodge em pretty well, but the damn speedbumps man.... fakk, this is why my username is "scared of stance"

I mean seriously, how do you guys do it?
    who does has a DD stanceworks in this region, where are you, how do you manage?
    I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Im from Pa. We have pot holes every 2 feet, seriously. Avoid pot holes, hit speed bulbs at angles, and try to avoid steep inclines. Thats about it.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
      Im from Pa. We have pot holes every 2 feet, seriously. Avoid pot holes, hit speed bulbs at angles, and try to avoid steep inclines. Thats about it.
      cant hit them at angles, they run across the interstate.
      look at this video i found. look at the road, and look how the truck keeps shaking...

im fukin scared man.

Comment

i was down in virginia beach for two weeks with my car. you develop a keen eye for dodgery. and you have to accept that shit will break if youre not careful, though 64 was just annoying as hell, hahaha

i just had to replace my swaybar, tension rods, tension rod brackets, oil pan and engine cross member a month or so ago after i hit a manhole cover in fredericksburg.

for reference:
        Last edited by slideonKais; 02-08-2010, 05:04 PM.
        It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

man, i guess i'll never be stanced and slammed then. parts arent cheap, and i need all my money to put into my bike and trackdays

Comment

meh, its really not that bad though. it can get annoying but thats normally it.

my moneys put into my car to prepare for track days. that doesnt mean you can be sitting proper.

what kind of car do you have.
            It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

see avatar.
              thats where my money goes, cars lean the wrong way, and German car parts arent cheap

im gonna drop the back another 1/2" with these new springs and go extra wide out back, i'll experiment with some spacers and see whats up, once i get the fenders rolled this weekend. but the hella stretched tires and whatnot is not going to happen.

Comment

Damn, that sucks. At least highways are semi-driveable on. Nothing like that video. It sucks to roll hard haha. I just got new foglights with a hid kit last week, $120. Put them in and make the trip back to college today. When I stopped to get gas, I went to check out my fogs and they were hanging on by a wire with the glass broken and the hid bulbs were hanging out broken. Now I have to get all new foglights and replacement bulbs.

-Dan

Comment

^ hahaha, sucks man.
                  you sounds like youre mad low.
                  i kinda wanna put a lip on mine but im scared i'll rip it off.
                  The underside of my bumper is very scratched up.

Comment

Originally posted by scaredofstance View Post
                    ^ hahaha, sucks man.
                    you sounds like youre mad low.
                    i kinda wanna put a lip on mine but im scared i'll rip it off.
                    The underside of my bumper is very scratched up.
                    Im not even low yet. I just have a mk3 lip on my e36 and on lowering springs for now. Its maybe 3in of ground clearance in the front. When I put my coilovers on ill need to take lip off or else it be on the ground.

-Dan

Comment

oh the fogs jerked lose then. if i pick up this P46 lights from this guy next weekend. i'll throw HIDs on my fogs.

Comment

I Drop it low in hampton

u just gotta be hella cautious and drive resonably

Comment

Originally posted by jdmtcan View Post
                          u just gotta be hella cautious and drive resonably
                          dont know how to do that im afraid. im always late.

Comment

i used to live in Hampton, its not so bad on the penninsula side, but OMG, 264 is a mine field.

Comment

Driving my slammed Q45 just grew on me but i spend more time looking at the ground then the cars in front of me hahaha. And driving through DC is hell! I'm like the only person that drives the speed limit cause i'm looking for crazy shit that is about to pop out of the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X