This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisions for Next Season - Brainstorm

After running air in my Saab for almost 6 months now, there are a few points I'd like to revise for the spring.

I currently have a Viair 400c, Accuair eXo-compatible 5gal aluminum tank, and 145psi cutoff switch into 8 SMC valves. My biggest complaint is that there isn't quite enough pressure in the tank to get both the fronts and rears to my preferred pressures in one go. So, I need a higher cutoff switch, which also means getting a new compressor since the 400c is only rated at 150psi. That's ok, the 444c should fit the bill.

But then I look at the pressure rating for the tank, and it says it's also only rated for 150psi. I realize that's only a factory 'safe' rating, but how risky is it to bring the tank pressure up around, say 200psi? Anyone here currently running their tank over the rated spec?
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Air tanks are pressure tested to three times the amount labeled on them. Running an AccuAir tank at 200psi will be fine and think about it this way. If you were to buy an AccuAir full kit with eLevel, you can change the tank pressure cutoff from 150, to 175 or 200psi right from the controller. AccuAir wouldn't have this feature on their systems if it wasn't safe to use with their tanks.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
    X