my dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dilemma...

i'll try and make this as simple as possible.

off the bat i will tell you i made a mistake buying used suspension from someone i didn't know. i fucked up. it was stupid. i'll never do it again.

anyways i bought a set of fk silverline coilovers last winter. kid said they had 2,000 miles on them. they had way more. they were bouncy from the get go. more so than my friends who had the exact same setup.

anyways i finally blew a strut last week.

so here is my dilemma...

koni makes the struts for these. they have a lifetime warranty. so in order to get it warrantied i'd have to take all of my suspension out(otherwise the car would look wack) and put the stock stuff back in, and then send them the strut. play the waiting game for who knows how long, and replace the suspension again when it finally came in.

you can buy the strut insert for $160ish on your own. i would replace both front inserts so they are the same and one isn't more worn than the other. that kind of stuff drives me crazy. but i couldn't get it warrantied this way. but it'd be a lot easier. i'd rather spend the $320ish dollars and not replace my suspension twice.

so which option would you choose:
    1) put the stock suspension back on, send the blown strut back to koni and play the waiting game for something they may or may not warranty since i'm not the original owner.
    2) buy the two inserts for $320ish and replace them.
    3) forget it and buy a whole new set of coilovers for piece of mind.

if i had a job #3 would probably be my option. i do have some money put away but it wouldn't be my best option to buy a whole new set. what would you do?

option #2
    they prob wont warranty em since your not the original owner..

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

for price, id say option two.

but if i were you, id ride the blown shit til i can get a new set of coils, not new to you, new from the manufacturer.

even symmetrical replacement wont beat peace of mine for all four corners.
      It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

Sell the coils as is, and put that money towards a good setup. There will always be someone who wants to go low on the cheap, see raceland and other discount coils sales for proof.
        I like to modify things.
        flickr
        Inyo Photo
        -Chad

Comment

do option 1 and while your waiting to find out if they're going to warrantee them/fix them, start saving for a new set.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by slideonKais View Post
            for price, id say option two.

but if i were you, id ride the blown shit til i can get a new set of coils, not new to you, new from the manufacturer.

even symmetrical replacement wont beat peace of mine for all four corners.
            this is kinda of what i was thinking. it'd be nice to not have to worry about it at all.

Originally posted by hover View Post

Sell the coils as is, and put that money towards a good setup. There will always be someone who wants to go low on the cheap, see raceland and other discount coils sales for proof.
            raceland? they any good? do they go low? how do they ride?

Comment

Originally posted by thatskinnykid View Post

raceland? they any good? do they go low? how do they ride?
              They are great. I am actually taking off my KWs to go with Raceland Coilovers. My buddy has knows this guy on the internet that compared them to his H&R Ultra, Ultra lows, and said that the Racelands were not only of the same quality, but that he thinks that they will go lower. So, forget spending money on my suspension. All it does it hold the car off of the ground anyway. I'm either going to just do no coils, and only the other part thing that keeps the car off of the ground, but just barely, or I'm going to go with Racelands, idk, has anyone heard anything good about Patec? Stratmosphere is having a sale on them for $540, and they go really low, I mean, my oil pan is 1" off the ground now, but I could drag it then, how fucking cool would that be.
              I like to modify things.
              flickr
              Inyo Photo
              -Chad

Comment

dragging oil pans is pretty much teh epik winz!

i've decided to go with option 3. a whole new set so i don't have to worry anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X