Questions with my e28 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions with my e28 !

Hey everyone! I love how the e28 looks on the ground I understand there are consequences such as cracking oil pan rubbing tires and all that stuff but i'm curious if there is other things like control arms i should watch out for as this will be my daily driven vehicle I do ALOT of highway driving, Sharp turns, and high speed driving. would I have to change my driving style and if so how much?

So i guess im looking for common things to replace or things to do for preventive work also.

( I am looking to go bags because the roads here in Colorado are ROUGH and I need adjustability)

thank you for reading !

am on enstagrem 2
    ig: phelan_anufrijevas

Mine was constantly throwing sparks from the subframes and i could drift it and ride hard with it easily with only minor modifications. You're gonna go through a lot of tie rod ends and control arms if you go really low, but the driveabilty is still quite good. Although I didn't have bags, only tougher shock and shorter springs. Main problem for driveabilty is the rear camber that may get u into a lot of problems, if you run a decent power engine and get careless in rain. I could get wheelspin in 3rd gear easily with my 2.7 M20B27ETA engine with good tires. The e28 is a great platform to stance, only thing is, that u have to fabricate everything yourself, not a lot of aftermarket going on for that car.

Oh and when going like stupid low, then u might want to carry an extra pair of lower control-arms, when going for a road trip or stmhng like that. Happened once with my friend, he just scraped through a pair with like 200 miles.
    Last edited by tns1; 01-06-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tns1 View Post
      Mine was constantly throwing sparks from the subframes and i could drift it and ride hard with it easily with only minor modifications. You're gonna go through a lot of tie rod ends and control arms if you go really low, but the driveabilty is still quite good. Although I didn't have bags, only tougher shock and shorter springs. Main problem for driveabilty is the rear camber that may get u into a lot of problems, if you run a decent power engine and get careless in rain. I could get wheelspin in 3rd gear easily with my 2.7 M20B27ETA engine with good tires. The e28 is a great platform to stance, only thing is, that u have to fabricate everything yourself, not a lot of aftermarket going on for that car.

Oh and when going like stupid low, then u might want to carry an extra pair of lower control-arms, when going for a road trip or stmhng like that. Happened once with my friend, he just scraped through a pair with like 200 miles.
      Thanks man that is exactly what I was looking for very helpful ! Yeah I noticed that after market parts were slim to none. But thanks for the advice I just kind of wanted to know what I was getting myself into haha !

am on enstagrem 2
      ig: phelan_anufrijevas

Comment

Working...
      X