e46 sway bar end link options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e46 sway bar end link options?

i heard a rumor that some toyota sway links will fit an e46 and are also shorter than stock? or are there any other "cheap" options available besides VMC? some help would be appreciated!
    http://www.flickr.com/r_sotelo

Hey Rob, do like me and just zip tie it up out of the way.... err... or you could let me know what you find out, I heard E36 links work but I'm too lazy to do the work to find out.

Comment

Both mine snapped....

Soooo the cheapest solution I have found is to just run without them lulz There is a clunking noise....but whatever I'm poor

But I have heard that a Toyota endlink works.... Hold on gimmie a sec....

*edit* Here ya go...

Originally posted by Stanc3
      yep, only the best of the best here!... :eeps:

seriously though....... Duralast part #18365... is beyond perfect..

I work at autozone so I scoured through all our endlinks on my day off and found these as a perfect match, i mean PERFECT. Perfect length, even the same thread size and pitch (the old link bolts will work) they are around 25 a piece still though.. check em out!

not sure if there from an echo exactly, but they are from a newer small sized toyota.

JDM foo.
      or...

Originally posted by southpaw
      Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM.
      -Brandon-

Comment

My coils came with shorter endlinks, but I'm 90% sure TMS, Hotchkis and oem e36 are your 3 options.

Comment

^Mine came with shorter ones as well, about 1/2" to 3/4" shorter, and they didn't last long haha
          -Brandon-

Comment

2007-2008 Impala SS rear swaybar endlinks work they are about 7" long. i just put mine on yesterday and they are perfect length if your dropped low. i took a picture of stock vs. chevy lol i can put it up later

Comment

Originally posted by alexcruz View Post
              2007-2008 Impala SS rear swaybar endlinks work they are about 7" long. i just put mine on yesterday and they are perfect length if your dropped low. i took a picture of stock vs. chevy lol i can put it up later
              Since I work at a chevy dealer parts department I picked a set of these up, I havent installed them yet but they look like they are going to work.

Comment

I'm in uk and found hyundai coupe rear ones are perfect - not sure what you call the car in US - but there a blue stanced one on here on bronze rotas

Comment

Originally posted by Natedogg View Post
                  I'm in uk and found hyundai coupe rear ones are perfect - not sure what you call the car in US - but there a blue stanced one on here on bronze rotas
                  That would be a hyundai tiburon in the united states, thanks for the info.

Like my previous post said I picked a set of the impala rear end links up and installed them thursday night, I am happy to report they are doing an excellent job so far.

Comment

e36 M3 swaybar links will work on e46. if you have Vmaxx coilovers it clearly states on stratmosphere.com that the e46 non M uses e36 M3 swaybar links.

Comment

Psh. Who needs endlinks? :eeps:
                      -Brandon
                      E46 No More..
                      Her Concise History:
                      http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

They helped cut my tire rub in half...

Comment

sorry to bump an old thread, but i just installed some coils, and added shorter endlinks that iirc, were half the length of the stock link and now my sway bar is angled up at a weird angle.

Do any of you know how long the toyota end link that was mentioned is? i think i need one shorter than stock, but not quite the 4-5" one link i have now.
                          I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

i have adjustable ones that came with my coilovers, which i'm glad i hasve because it let me make them whatever length i need.

the problem i'm having though is my sway bar rubs my brake lines

Comment

I haven't ran any for about a year lol
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                              X