Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which "low shocks" fits BMW E23 7-series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which "low shocks" fits BMW E23 7-series?

Searching for lowering SHOCKS for my e23. It will go Low, but static with original "shock holders" (Can't cut them because of the law) and I couldn't find any original lowering shocks who fits slammed E23. Do you know if shocks from e34, e32 or another will fit the original "shock-holders" both in length and wide?
    sigpic

I dont think your car has shocks. IIRC e23, e24, and e28 generally have the same suspension setup which means a strut type assembly on all four corners. If you're looking for a good strut to go with lowering springs, Bilstein Sports should do you just fine.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
    my tumblr.
    What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
      I dont think your car has shocks. IIRC e23, e24, and e28 generally have the same suspension setup which means a strut type assembly on all four corners. If you're looking for a good strut to go with lowering springs, Bilstein Sports should do you just fine.
      my bad english.. I thought struts were called shocks

OK, I will make new springs which are much shorter, more compact and "stiffer". I think I will buy Bilstein
      sigpic

Comment

Dont take my word for it but i think carrado g60 inserts will work well with spacers under them... iirc that's what negative camber is using for his bagged e23. They're a couple inches shorter than the stock e23 ones.

Are you cutting stock springs or using ones from another car?
        How much of a drop are you aiming for?

I've been trying to figure out something similar for my e23...

Comment

Working...
        X