E30 to E28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 to E28?

I'm thinking about trading my e30 for e28... never owned 4 doors before and its time for me to get 4 doors. I'm getting tired of stuffed tires/wheels/friends in back of the car

Any advice about E28? troubles, best year, and where to get it cheap?

picture of the car.. I have two set of euro bumper for it as well. If it doesnt sell, I will put one on the car and sell another one.

Opinion?

Well, why?

I mean e28s are badass but they both have advantages and disadvantages. You dont want to hop in to one only to find its not what you were looking for.

Flickr

Comment

Yeah, I cant really dislike the car I own. I used to have 84 camaro, 84 300zx, and this car. I want 4 doors, where i can take friend and drive around low and slow. I dont actually go over 70 with my car anymore.

Comment

E28s ROCK! I've owned 5, one of which I've owned for a loooong time now. I'd take an e28 over an e30 any day. They handle very well, they have a LOT of grunt, especially with a schrick cam, for what they are.

They're also sexy!

Get a later model one. I have an 85 and I love it.

Comment

I've been thinking about trading in my e46 for an e28 or e34, I'm just waiting on the right deal to come along. I say do it!

Do you go to UT?

Comment

85+ is later model? whats the difference?

orange car and in austin doesnt mean im ut student :p. I always want to own an orange car.

Yeah, but hard to find e28 for trade because orange is odd color. The shop owe me re-paint because of mistakes around the car. I prob can ask to re-paint in different color and add cash to that.

Comment

Well if thats what you want, id say go for an e28.

For low n slow, im not sure the performance aspect of the e30 factors in much at all.

Flickr

Comment

e28's are amazing! i owned an eta everyone said i would **** it but i was getting crazy good gas mileage and it was too low to drive fast anyways. i say you do it but test drive quite a few before you decide.

Comment

i love my 86 535i. plenty of power, hauls a lot of people and stuff, easy to work on, looks awesome.
                  2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                  2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                  1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

stephen, yeah E30 is no difference but e28 have perfect body style for being low. I need 4 doors anyhow. I refused to own a car thats stock.. blah

school me on e28. which is late/early model? whats quirks about e28?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
                      orange car and in austin doesnt mean im ut student :p. I always want to own an orange car.
                      Eh, it was worth a shot.

I've seen a lot of e28's in the Austin/San Marcos area for cheap, but most of them need a transmission. If I stumble upon any in decent shape I'll shoot you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by JSanders View Post
                        Eh, it was worth a shot.

I've seen a lot of e28's in the Austin/San Marcos area for cheap, but most of them need a transmission. If I stumble upon any in decent shape I'll shoot you a pm.
                        Great, please so. I do check craigslist. I saw this 535i for sale but need new head or motor. Im not sure if M30 is dime a dozen or the cost of head.

Yeah,you re not only person to ask me that. I usually get Hook'em sign when I drive by someone. Orange car in Austin does give that sign out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
                          school me on e28. which is late/early model? whats quirks about e28?
                          go read:

2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Game on:

Comment

I've driven mine since the day I got it(about a year now). Besides needing to rebuild my shifter and my passenger side front door not unlocking, I've never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X