Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help, what shocks/struts to run with 12k springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, what shocks/struts to run with 12k springs?

Hello,

I'm in the process of replacing my struts, so far i have an array of springs i've been trying out (1600k, 1200k, 800k, ect) but i think I've settled on 1200k as it seems to have the stiffness I'm looking for.

Now i have about $600CAD (or so) to play with for shocks and thus far the most appealing to me are bilstein heavy duty (see picture below)

now my question to stanceworks infinite wisdom is:
    is there any issue with running stiff springs (strut will operate withing designated range of travel) on a strut like these?

also are there any other struts i should look into?
    I'm trying to avoid paying crazy duty to keep this all on budget.

thanks in advance!

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

do any of these have adjustable dampeners? id look for a good set of coilovers that could be rebuilt. That way if theyre blown you can have them revalved and built to your current spring rates. A rebuild is usually about $400-$500 USD

Comment

well i ended up just buying the bilstein hd's.

The rebuild-able factor was what cemented the decision to purchase them. there's a shop here that will re-valve them to the specs i want if i need be but i'm gonna try and run them as they are with extended top hats.

the adjustable dampener was the one thing i'm missing with these struts but if the factory valving is terrible i will just get them re-valved. might have been a poor choice on my part.

i'll be able to give a review of my choice once i install them this spring

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

3/234t rally need front springs, Where I can buy?

diseņo web valencia|stands
        posicionamiento seo | posicionamiento web

Comment

Working...
        X