Need some help with camber arms on E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with camber arms on E36

As the title say`s I need help with the camber ...specially with the lower camber arms , so the story begins like this .I`ve got a set of Oz Breyton 9,5J with 11J , I dont know the offset , it has ben modified and I haven`t managed to calculate yet .Ok after I set up the wheels on the rear end they were geting out from the fenders about 6,5 cm , I rolled the fenders and bought D2 camber arms ...everything ok untill here .After having all set up ( the arms seted at maximum for the angle that I needed for the wheels to get under the fenders) after 200m one arm snaped out from the diferential bolt , from what I saw there i think that I need a few cm of arm because they are extended at maximum ( until the last rotation of it )

I need some real advices to solve this issue because it`s giving me headakes , I whant to know if there are some other camber arms that are a little bit bigger that these ones that i have ...or ...I dont know ....HELP !!!

Here are some pictures to understand better what I said before

With D2 camber arms on ...

Without D2 camber arms ....

This is easy. You don't need more camber, you need more fender work or different wheels.

These are some of my favorite wheels, but this is not how you pull them off:

025garage

Comment

Ok , you tell me how you pt 6.5 cm of wheel under the fender ? I woulden't mind if the wheels would stay like that , but this is the problem they dont , and more fender work would trash even more my fenders I don't want them to look like paper thin

Comment

Originally posted by RIcKO View Post
        Ok , you tell me how you pt 6.5 cm of wheel under the fender ? I woulden't mind if the wheels would stay like that , but this is the problem they dont , and more fender work would trash even more my fenders I don't want them to look like paper thin
        The rear wheels don't fit the car, so you either have to fit the car to wheels or wheels to car. This problem isn't unique to you and there's lots of us who have had to do serious work to fit wheels. I'm saying you need real fender work with cutting, welding, bodywork and paint. More camber is not the solution, as you've already maxed out that option. You can also consider reworking wheels with shaved back pads or smaller lips.
        025garage

Comment

For future reference, you need to have at least the width of the shank inside the arms to be safe. For instance, if the threaded portion is 14mm thick, you need 14mm of thread inside the sleeve.

You could get longer sleeves, but honestly you're trading getting the wheels under the fenders for looks at this point. There comes a time when wheels just don't fit a car, you need to either make the car fit the wheels or the wheels fit the car.

Comment

Ok guys ,thank you verry much for showing me the right way , making the fenders for the wheels was my second option (was hopping not to get there) in case I dont find other camber arms that can give me a wider angle , in the end I`m going to rework the fenders

Anyway does anybody know anything about this camber arms? D2 this model ....because evryone tells me that these are different from what D2 are ....

Comment

What size wheels are those anyway?

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

17` 9.5J with 11J , ET unknown yet

Comment

Like i told u before,fender work like i did to mine.
                  i did some reasearch for u,and i found exactly what u need (other coils that the ones we talked about),keep the camber arms and let's do the fenders.
                  give me some measurements and ill tell u what et u are running right now.(i'll give a pm on fb)

Comment

Working...
                  X