This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare!! 16" BBS RT custom

doing a few sets this winter, and I thought I would get a jump on putting up a few for sale.

This is a set of bbs RT. they are the lesser known counterpart to the much more popular bbs RS. these both work off the same 34 bolt parts. I got my hands on a set by chance in germany, and knew little about them.. but decided I thought they were interesting, so why not refurb a set.

specs:
    bbs RT
    16" diameter. you have options for the following widths:
    16x8 et17
    16x8.5 et10.5
    16x9 et5

perfect set for an e30 m3. perfect specs imo.

the centers are metallic silver powdercoat. the lips on the final set are up to the buyer. 2", 2.5", 3" brand new german stepped lips

chrome bolts
    black inner barrels
    bbs logos(sorry the bmw ones arent for sale unless someone really wants them)

the price is 2850 shipped to the lower 48. If someone really wants me to redrill to 4x100, i can do so at an additional fee that we could discuss

these things are really sick in real life. cant wait to see them on someones project.
    more pics will come soon once i assemble them. likely in about 2 weeks time.

studio.delucav@gmail.com

please only people who are actually interested in a set, please no window shoppers. I have a huge following of people who are interested in the work and details, but cant afford the 2500+ price tags for something of this level. thats what taking a peek at the blog is for... spinFAB.net
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

I am also considering redrilling to 4x100. if the buyer has a regular e30, that would be for you...
    sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

just checking in as one of those window shoppers... sick wheels. never seen these before.

Comment

thanks, yeah these should be really cool when complete.

Oh and I need to move this to the 4x100 threads, because it will be 4x100 in a few days..
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good way to ruin them.

Comment

Have you seen my work? Lets refrain from useless comments in people's threads unless you plan on buying something here
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
              Have you seen my work? Lets refrain from useless comments in people's threads unless you plan on buying something here
              I have. Doing 4x100 on a 72.56 center bore is stupid. There's barely any metal left between the new holes and the center bore. It ruins a decent set of 5x120 wheels. Ultimately, they're your wheels to do with as you please....

Comment

this is a myth that has been proven wrong hundreds of times. if one structurally tested a set (which I have had done), one would know that there is more then enough metal left to be structurally sound.. After drilling the 12mm holes thus leaving an approx 88mm inner circle, if you calculated some simple math, this would mean a full 8mm thickness difference in the diameter of the aluminum. and on top of this, if you have seen my work (which clearly you have not) you would know that i mill custom 72.5mm to 57.1mm aluminum rings that are 3/4" deep, and weld them to the hub of the wheel. Thus building up the area surrounding the hub even further. There are no cut corners here.

Example: I have a friend who I built a set of wheels a few months ago using this exact method. Her car was unfortunately hit while parked by a driver going over 60mph on a main road. Ran straight into the car, frame was bent severely, car was completely totaled. Wheels came out unharmed. No cracks, no issues to the structural integrity of the face at all. Just a testament to a quality redrill and welding job.

oh and when I say window shoppers need not post here, this is prime example of what I speak of. People who have no intent of purchasing, but still comment as if they know what they talk about.

thanks for your input, have a good day

Mods. this thread can be locked because this is a for sale thread not a back and forth discussion. And I reposted in the proper 4x100 section anyway with updated information. Thank you
                Last edited by 1badg35; 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

nice BBS RT altough , i have it at beginning of 2011 on my yaris

nice wheels ,goodluck with your sale
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  http://doubledwheels.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FSUjbp View Post
                    I have. Doing 4x100 on a 72.56 center bore is stupid. There's barely any metal left between the new holes and the center bore. It ruins a decent set of 5x120 wheels. Ultimately, they're your wheels to do with as you please....
                    hungry... get ready to eat some words.. this is how real work looks when complete

heres how my typical redrill work looks when complete. dont mind that this is an RS just finished

We weld the centers shut, redrill to 4x100 then mill the front so as to remove the high spots from the welding. I try to leave a few of the original bbs markings for obvious reasons, but also like to get rid of the weld build up so it looks perfect. then we machine custom hub rings, and weld them to the back pad of the wheel. for added strength and also so it looks like it came like this from the factory. Couldnt be a better redrill out there. Faces are then media blasted and powdercoated (2 stage in this case). It just came back a few seconds ago, so its not bolted up or assembled in any way. Just put together for a quick mock up

redrill +weld +machining

as i said, the work is second to none.. in this set, we also milled a small amount of the backpad edge down for brake clearance
                    sigpic

Comment

hungry... get ready to eat some words.. this is how real work looks when complete
                      It looks better than some of the extremely sketchy things I've seen. The bottom line is that you've ruined a rare set of wheels. 1. You've powder coated them when BBS advises against it. There's a question as to future integrity as the metal has likely been reannealed. 2. You've done significant welding and such to the center. That'll never be as structurally sound as a factory forged center that hasn't been butchered.

In my opinion, steel inserts to change the PCD is the only properly safe way to do a new bolt pattern over existing mounting holes. Steel inserts obviously wasn't possible when the center bore was so close to the inner sides of the new bolt holes. Another safe way is via dual drilling flat-backed, forged wheels.

Good luck selling them. I'm sure some idiot is willing to pay a decent price. Fools are born every day.
                      Last edited by FSUjbp; 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Mods, if you dont mind, lets pull this thread down. Its turning into a discussion with "opinions", changing it from its original purpose as a FS ad.
                        no one asked for any unfounded opinions or off topic babble.. and this seems to be full of just that.

the wheel work is top tier, and thats about all that needed to be said.
                        The set has been moved to the 4x100 section anyway since that is now what it technically is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mods, if you dont mind, lets pull this thread down. Its turning into a discussion with "opinions", changing it from its original purpose as a FS ad.
                          no one asked for any unfounded opinions or off topic babble.. and this seems to be full of just that.

the wheel work is top tier, and thats about all that needed to be said.
                          The set has been moved to the 4x100 section anyway since that is now what it technically is.
                          Metal annealing is fact. The discussion in this thread has resulted from your own "information" being posted here. You asked for the thread to be closed, then chose to antagonize me in private messages (Mods please feel free to check the private messages) along with a challenge here to make me "eat my words." If you had said what you needed to say and wished the thread closed, why did you bump it and make it a further issue? You haven't even posted a picture of the redrill of this set...

Until you're prepared to refinish wheels safely, you should stop doing it.

Comment

i was going to send this as a pm as I am an adult, and take pride in my work, but lets just put this out in this thread for all to see. here was my typed response as of a few minutes ago:

Hello,
                            pictures of a quality product are for more of a legitimate response then a useless jab taken at someone for absolutely no reason.

so, now youre calling me out on the quality of my work? You start by saying in your second post that i am "stupid" for making the decision to redrill. you second this by saying that someone who buys would be a "fool", and then you finish by implying that i am "unprepared to refinish wheels safely."

who is the one doing the trash talking here? No offense, but you sir would be a prime example of a *****, and this I do not appreciate. I take this very seriously. Im glad you take your thoughts seriously, but I am not a fan of someone adding negativity and trashing my name when I have put out nothing but quality work. I have centers tested structurally several times now to ensure quality of the work, I put an absolute ton of time into the work done, and stand behind my product to the extent that people are waiting in a line (currently about 20 people in line) and you have the audacity to use malicious words for no reason? You should check yourself bud. I dont know you, I dont plan on knowing you, I spent a few minutes checking your posts on other threads, and all i see is negativity from someone who thinks far too highly of themselves to tell you the truth...
                            grow up, keep your thoughts to yourself, and lets keep it at that. Bumping a thread with your thoughts when you have no plan of buying a wheel does nothing for either of us. Just makes you seem to be more of a *****, at an attempt to make me look bad for reasoning I do not know. Especially since I have no reason to even be questioned here..

Lets just keep it at that. I was not looking for a fight here. I have no reason to do so. You comment, I responded in defense to the immense time I put into something, and you just keep adding unfounded opinions. The main word there being "opinions". You yourself use that word a few times. No one asked for them. drop it. Otherwise I will speak to someone that will force the issue to be dropped.

I am a contributing member of this forum, add a lot of constructive criticism to all that ask for it, help people who need it with the info they need (when I know the answers). You sir would be just bashing for the sake of bashing, and no idea why.

I appreciate you staying out of my threads unless you have something that would be beneficial toward the conversation, and not just "opinion"
                            sigpic

Comment

i was going to send this as a pm as I am an adult, and take pride in my work, but lets just put this out in this thread for all to see. here was my typed response as of a few minutes ago:
                              You took the route of sending an antagonizing pm as well as a provocative post here. You haven't even posted the redrill on these wheels, yet you're trying to support the idea that your hack jobs are somehow safe.

Hello,
                              pictures of a quality product are for more of a legitimate response then a useless jab taken at someone for absolutely no reason.

so, now youre calling me out on the quality of my work? You start by saying in your second post that i am "stupid" for making the decision to redrill. you second this by saying that someone who buys would be a "fool", and then you finish by implying that i am "unprepared to refinish wheels safely."
                              Your refinishing isn't safe. We've been over why.

who is the one doing the trash talking here? No offense, but you sir would be a prime example of a *****, and this I do not appreciate. I take this very seriously. Im glad you take your thoughts seriously, but I am not a fan of someone adding negativity and trashing my name when I have put out nothing but quality work. I have centers tested structurally several times now to ensure quality of the work...
                              What, exactly, have you done to "test" the centers? Each wheel would be different. The construction of BBS RSs, for instance, is a perfect example: They vary by center bore, bolt pattern, number of bolts, the depth of the mounting pad, some sets have curved spokes for caliper clearance, while others do not, etc.

What steps have you taken to ensure that your powder coating doesn't renanneal the metal?

I was not looking for a fight here. I have no reason to do so.
                              Your actions belie your words. Any of the mods can see what you sent to me in pms. Anyone reading the thread can see that you keep posting misinformation and in an antagonizing manner. [/quote]

You comment, I responded in defense to the immense time I put into something, and you just keep adding unfounded opinions. The main word there being "opinions". You yourself use that word a few times. No one asked for them. drop it. Otherwise I will speak to someone that will force the issue to be dropped.
                              If you wanted dropped, you would have asked a mod to close the thread after you posted that you wished the same days ago. Now, it's just about your ego.

Bottom line, your assertions are nonsense and you haven't posted pictures of the actual redrill of these wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X