Supercharger pulley question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger pulley question

I'm hoping this is the right place to be asking this, and I apologize in advance if that's not the case.

I have a 2002 C230 with the M111 engine. From the research I've done, I've gathered that MB uses the Eaton M45 S/C. I have also found that the M45 is used in the Mini S.

That being said, I have tried to get in contact with someone from Eaton without luck (yet). My question is this: would the aftermarket crank/underdrive pulleys advertised for the Mini S work in my C230? I'd assume that, since both cars use the M45, that the pulley applications would be more or less the same. Pulley kits advertised for the C230 are just obscenely expensive, and I've seen the ones for the Mini at a fraction of the cost.

Any hopeful information would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

You would have to see how big the pulley on your car is and then see if the c230 can handle the boost the smaller pully will make. I had a 15% reduction pulley on my mini and it ran like 18psi so just compare stock sizes and go from there.

Comment

There a lot of things that could be different, the shaft could be a different size, the backspacing could be different, they could have more or less ribs. The best way to check would be to get a stock mini pulley from someone that upgraded and see how it works on your car.

Comment

Anyone feel like finding an OEM Mini pulley and helping out with some dimensions? I've been to probably 8 or 9 scrap yards without luck. I may just end up ordering one of the Mini pulleys, because they're so much less expensive than ones for the w203. Worst comes to worst, I dropped a few hundred on it and can find someone to buy it discounted.
        Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

Comment

Edit- I didn't read carefully enough, you are looking for other dimensions but i'll leave this here anyway.

Google "mini eaton m45 stock pulley diameter"

OEM crank pulley diameter: 140mm
          OEM supercharger pulley: 65.5mm

=> Ratio: ~2.14

Engine Crank 7000 U/min => Supercharger ~15000 U/min
          @clay_mation

Comment

Working...
          X