FS/FT: 3 piece staggered 17 8.5/9.5 polished lips/powder centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT: 3 piece staggered 17 8.5/9.5 polished lips/powder centers

Hi guys. I'm moving on from the e36, and did not let the new owner have my wheels!

I'm looking for $1500 (NEW PRICE $1300!) obo, or trade for Porsche wheels in the lowest offset possible WITHOUT adapters or spacers.

As for mine, I'll have to do some measuring to get EXACT numbers of offset. Many people confuse these wheels for OZ Mito's. In fact, they are NOT. These are concave face, where the Mito's are convex. These are much more appealing, IMHO. Unfortunately, I do not know who the manufacturer of the centers are. I've searched for nearly 2 years for another set, with no luck at all. So it's pretty safe to say - these are one of a kind!

The Kinesis lips and barrels fit, and that's what I'm running. 2.5" lips in the back, 1.5" up front, with 7" barrels all around. I actually have a spare set of front lips as well... so you'll get those in addition, if you like. I would like to note that one of the rear wheels has two cracks on the inner barrel (no longer cracked! I've just had them welded up). It has been holding air that way for 2 years now without issue. Thatcher Schultz can easily supply you with replacement parts if you wish to rebuild them to different specs, but I had them sitting pretty on my e36 with minimal work. The rears required no spacer for flushness (or a little poke, even! depending on how much you rolled fenders). The fronts sat on a 15mm spacer for flushness. I think that put me offset for the rear at et15-20, and the fronts at et30.

The tires up front are useable, but have a bit of flat-spotting from sitting. The rears have inner camber wear, and are pretty well shot.

*MORE info* Both rear lips have a little bit of a rough edge from minor rubbing of the inner fender. Nothing major, but it's there and I'm honest. Also, one of the fronts fell forward on it's face LAST NIGHT. SHIIIIIIIT!! It's got some minor roughness now too. I'll try to capture it in photo's.

Detailed pics on the way!

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 11-29-2012, 11:18 PM.

Here are some randoms I got over time... and a few from when I was building them.

This one was with a 5mm spacer in the rear.

Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

<33333 i wish someone would buy my style 5s

Comment

These would be titties on your Alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerwillrbnsn View Post
            These would be titties on your Alpine.
            id have to purp them out first though

Comment

Make it happen! I can dissasemble them if your going to purple centers, so shipping will be dirt cheap. Make me an offer meng. I **** to see 'em sit, and I can use the money... the Porsche needs a new set of wheels!

Comment

$1300, and I just had the cracks all TIG welded up.

Comment

details on cracks? any interested in some 18" turbo twists?

Comment

Cracks are presumably from hitting a pot-hole or the like with stretched 205/40 tires on the 9.5" wheel. They are on the inner barrel only, on one 9.5" wheel, roughly 1.5" long.

I had the tire stripped off of it a couple days ago, and took it to a TIG welder to weld them up. On one of the welds, at the very tip of the rolled edge, his welder blew a notch off the edge roughly 1/4". That area is not a seated, integral part, so he left it be. He also filed the welds back down, so there are not GOBS of welds on it. It should balance nicely. I mounted a 245/45/17 tire back on the wheel (because I killed the bead on the old stretched 205/40 when dismounting), and have had it sitting in the garage for two days now. It's holding air just fine, and as stated above - if you'd rather just replace the barrel, Thatcher Schultz can supply one quite easily. When I contacted him, he had several in stock.

Details or pics of these twists? That'd be the exact trade I'd prefer to have, given the right widths and offsets.
                    Last edited by Dangerwillrbnsn; 11-30-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

when the welder fixed the cracks, what was his process? did he drill out the end of the crack to relive any stress that might be there? or "v" out the cracks on both sides to help with penetration of the weld?
                      Last edited by difeliciantonio; 11-30-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, of course.

Comment

Got myself a set of Hollow Spoke Turbo Twist II's. These need to go. Best offer guys!

Comment

Ill take them as a donation

Comment

Yeah, it's kinda sad to be selling them... but as of now, I don't have anything to fit them up to. I'm happy to donate them, if you've got a thirteen 100 dollar bills?

Comment

Working...
                              X