Who let the Saturn In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who let the Saturn In?

Wassup stanceworks....gotta mild build in the works, Saturn Ion Redline...built it for performance the first time around, its supercharged so it had all the bells and whistles, and I bought every bolt on available...blew it up....rebuilt it forged internals, head work etc etc, made it a monster. Attempted to drag it at the track 3 times in attempt to beat the best time of 13.7 @ 106 when I first got it.....snapped axles each time .....said eff the track and here Im izz....

The evolution of the Tupper ware terror.....

The beginning....bought the car to destroy Si/ RSX fanbois that would obliverate me in my 99' Cougar . Needless to say, it DEFINITELY did the trick! Dyno'd 260whp/260wtq. Then they started sicking the modded evo's/suby's on me....

So I took to the engine.....headers, downpipe, ported supercharger, big bore, 60lb injectors, snow performance meth, smaller pulley(18psi), bigger heat exchanger, 6-puck clutch etc etc....

Theeen, mishap occured like it uuusually does when your a noob tuner and ignorantly increase timing a bit too much down low because it "feels good"....I guess we live and we learn.

Goodies started coming in.....the pistons; teflon sides, ceramic tops etc etc:

...learned how to properly tune EFI vehicles thanks to a couple Greg Banish books and some very helpful big name tuners that took the time out to let me pick their brain and got back on the hunt .

Once you realize....someone is ALWAYS gonna be faster you either go really big OR take up another aspect of your vehicle...

Oh KnoeZ, I bought some progress springs!! Now I'm slammed!!!

BEFORE(holy sheeet!! Thats high!!!):

AFTER:

aw man, was killin it in my eyes at the time, idk bout you lol.....

Sooooooooooooo.....I always wanted to be slammed but I never thought I had the right vehicle for such a thing, I'd obsess on the bimmer and vdub guys' cars and wonder such things as, "how do they get that rim so close to the fender?? It looks awesome!!"....never really thought too much of it until their secret got out and the rest of the world started tryna get proper stance on THEIR cars too. Hmmm, if they can, maybe I can too right??!?

I searched relentlessly for nice wheels only to come to the horrid truth that...NOBODY cares about 5x110 bolt patterns!!?? Can someone tell me why GM decided to put a Turbo Saab drivetrain/suspension in a SUPERCHARGED Saturn?? Yea, baffles me too. Thanks alot Saab, I'll blame them for picking such a wack bolt pattern.

Fret not though! "Whats that?? Adapters?? For ANY vehicles?? Thats how they get those hawt wheels on there!??! ....Show me!!"

5x110-to-5x114 20mm spacers thanks to Motorsports-Tech

Then I went wheel hunting after playing w/the offset calculator for a billion hours, MISSION: Find a high offset 5x114 wheel that'll go decent w/a 20mm spacer......Aaaah! Subaru's!!! So I sought out the dopest wheels I could find......

Volk TE-37s!! uhhhhhh okay, maybe not.

Okay so maybe not the dopest! But Im experimenting and this is a Saturn!! Jeeez!!

Round one....20mm spacers/adapters 18x8.5 rota Grids on falken 215/40/18s.....

Finally had some decent stance in my life, aggressive, mean looking, I was loving it.....Till I heard baby Jesus ***** Rotas and I still had wheel gap in my life . Back to square one!!

You have to ask yourself..."What Would a V-dub Guy Do?"

I still dont know how in the world or WHY in the heck b&g would even consider the vehicle but boy am I glad they did and I was able to get some B&G RS2's for my Saturn, yea shocking

eating away at that wheel gap and loving every minute of it!!!!

Now I need wheels....ehhh, stretched was nice but I have a supercharged fwd, I need meats on the front!! those 215s werent cutting it at all!!! 50mph rolling WOT tire spinning FTL! Hmmm...I immediately hit the wheel sites looking for the next wheels to acquire. Volks, nice! BBS, yes! CCW, hawt! Works! hmmmmm....*looks outside* Hey, that's a Saturn out there . Thats not logical OR practical...there's gotta be a solution.

What's that someone was saying? "Forged, made in Japan 17x8.5 17x9.5, not too heavy, kinda stylish, outta the GM performance division, cheap!" Show me..........C4 Sawblades, craigslist search aaaah....$200, phone call, "see you tomorrow, sir:"

Win....oh and a V-dub guy would approve. Lets throw some numbers around and see what size adapters are gonna work best w/the camber and tires I'm wanting to run.........welp after a couple of weeks of crunching and messing around I sought out motorsports-tech again. Prayed the numbers were right...............got the adapters in and went to work.......

Round 2

Started the day out like this today...............something just wasnt right though.

Because I still had wheelz gap, lets get those shock bodies down a bit!!!!

*brought tears to my eyes* watching my fenders and my tires meet each other for the first time, was love at first site!!!

More pics to come, just used my phone while I was on lunch after I twisted em down a bit, that's enough for one days work, but I'm not perfect yet, I gotta lil wheel gap out back to handle . This is an update for you guys from the Intro thread....lemme know what ya think, good or bad. I love it....I scrape all over the place, snapped the stock end links, and have been see-sawed once on a really high driveways w/a mean curb! Did I mention I love being low?

I think I'm gettng pretty good at this...scared of what round 3 will bring....
    Last edited by Dom_J; 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM.
    E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Messed w/the audio video a lil too.....http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/newreply.php

Tried my hand at fiberglassing....didnt wanna use a double din kit, so I fiberglassed the shroud to fit perfectly around the deck to make it look factory:

Discovered dry carbon wrap in the process...definitely good stuff.

Wired up the amps and all the interior speaks....Im from Texas, we have to "Swang-N-Bang!"

Tried my hand at box building also....came out better than I thought sounds good for two Alpine Type R's...

Last edited by Dom_J; 05-18-2011, 01:11 AM.

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

Comment

Nice work man! Need to get some better shots of it with the new rollers.

Comment

^^
        What he said. Full side shot of the sawblades.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

clean mods!!! post more pics with the vette wheels on it, i think they were a great choice.
            1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
            Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Thanks fellas!! I appreciate the input on it...

More shots are definitely in order guys, sorry tryna get my camera back from my chick...all I had was the cell phone .

Comment

wow most random saturn evar!
                props to you for something different and pulling it off!

Comment

Thanks!! Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by vbrad26 View Post
                    wow most random saturn evar!
                    props to you for something different and pulling it off!
                    Seriously. You may be the only one with a legit stanced Saturn...haha.

Comment

yea^^its the first one i saw too

props !!

Comment

lol....I know saturnstance will hold it down for the plastic too soon haha.

Some quick side shots, the back needs some work but Idk, I have rear passengers from time to time so Idk I might leave it as is. My camera sucks so these pics really don't do the set-up justice at all, plus it FREEEEZING outside!! :

Last edited by Dom_J; 05-18-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

You are correct. I just have to sell my lowering springs and gather a little more cash and coil-overs will be on there way!

Keep it up man. looks damn good.

Comment

Looks good. Def needs some neg. camber out back

IG: @_olliee

Comment

lol i guess you set the bar for the Saturns, well done sir!
                              I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Working...
                              X