X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How low can i go?

Hi guys!

This is just me being curious.

I will explain. I Norway, roads are extremely bad (i have heard the worst in western europe). They are full of potholes and bumps. So you are really wobbling about on your daily commute.

I still haven't gotten to the point of owning a car (soon, soon!). But i have always wondered what the maximum is for bad roads? I hope some of the norwegian guys can help out. Could you still pull of a pretty hardcore static setup? Luckily, we barely have any speedbumps.

Some scraping on the body and stuff doesn't really matter, but thinking about exhaust and oil-pan.

Thanks!

As low as you want, or as low as your balls will let you.

There's no set limit for ride height, you lower your car to YOUR desired height an DEAL WITH IT accordingly.
    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
    Internet high five for you.

Comment

Depends on the vehicle as well... some cars are easier to make lower than others, and some the oil pan sits above the subframe and is less likely to get cracked (like my Volvo) and some it hangs down a lot (E30). Exhaust can always be tucked or re routed to not drag, again the Exhaust on my car sits above the bottom of the car so its unlikely to scrape, where as on some other cars it hangs below the axle in the back and thus is a lot more likely to scrape.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Get a POS wreck of a car for your first one, slam it to the ground and see how hard it is.
        Get better car, tweak ride height based on previous results.
        It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by bensin View Post
          I will explain. I Norway, roads are extremely bad (i have heard the worst in western europe).
          Don't try that one

Comment

2" is that maximum you can lower cars, manufacturers design them that way. If you want to go lower then that you'll need to get smaller tires.

For instance, to get a car 4" lower, you would need to lower it the maximum 2", then get 4" shorter tires (tires only drop the car half the height that they are shorter. ex. a 2" shorter tire lowers 1", a 5" shorter one would lower 2.5").

Comment

You cannot lower a car. You can merely raise the suspension relative to the car's origin based on the bottom of the frame rails.

#mindfuck #confucious #thehashtagstheymeannothing #poundsign
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                2" is that maximum you can lower cars, manufacturers design them that way. If you want to go lower then that you'll need to get smaller tires.
                Uhh... I don't believe this.

Comment

if your roads are bad. i suggest you go the route of larger tires on smaller wheels.

that was my old Daily, a MK4 golf. it was pretty dam low but it had a steel oil pan with metal welded to it so it could take a beating. could even raise the motor if i wanted to. but never got that far with it. it was on 16x9's with 195/60's. so the chance of bending a wheel was not going to happen. i drove the thing everywhere and never once questioned road conditions. it could take any condition of road i came across. plus i didnt care about the car much so dragged and scraping the sub frame was no big deal to me.
                  doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

Not a bad idea actually, you still get great fitment while the car is at decent height.

And for you guys questioning the road quality, i took a pic with google maps. It doesnt show very well how bad it actually is, but you get the idea. And basically every stretch of road is like this.

Maybe i can take the GoPro out on a run and show it while driving :P

Comment

Or you could harden up, everywhere has bad roads buddy

Comment

Originally posted by mahendrasingh128254
                        If you have a car than you have to ride it no matter hows the road, sometime it made me ridiculous if my car face any problem than towing is only option that can help.
                        Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Comment

lowering the car may give it several damages to it so its better to leave and try some other thing

Comment

Originally posted by rajendersingh50 View Post
                            lowering the car may give it several damages to it so its better to leave and try some other thing
                            Uhh... You know this is StanceWorks Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                              Don't try that one

This place looks awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X