X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air management kit recommendation for VW van

Hey all,

Just purchased a set of air bags front and rear for my VW T5 van. Now I just need to sort out the air management.

I've had a brief read of the Accuair elevel stage 2 kit and it seems to be what I'm after. What I want to know is; are there any other kits out there that are better value for money? I don't really need any automatic leveling feature. And I'm not too sure If I require anything beefy since it's a van and will have 1.2T load every second day. I'd like a remote inflate / deflate with a few presets.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Originally posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    Hey all,

Just purchased a set of air bags front and rear for my VW T5 van. Now I just need to sort out the air management.

I've had a brief read of the Accuair elevel stage 2 kit and it seems to be what I'm after. What I want to know is; are there any other kits out there that are better value for money? I don't really need any automatic leveling feature. And I'm not too sure If I require anything beefy since it's a van and will have 1.2T load every second day. I'd like a remote inflate / deflate with a few presets.

Any help would be great!

Thanks
    If you want presets, I would recommend either the Touch Pad eLevel system from AccuAir or the AutoPilot V2 from Air Lift. Both are great systems and both have their pros and cons but deciding on the right one is really personal preference and how you want to control your vehicle.

For starters the main difference between the two is how they achieve their preset heights. The AccuAir eLevel systems are height based leveling systems so you will have to install leveling sensors on each corner of the car. Once you add more weight to the car, the ecu notices the change in height and will re-level your car back to it's original preset. Although the install for this system is a little more involved (because of the leveling sensors) once everything is all set up, it is as easy as pressing one button and driving away regardless of the load you have in your van. The eLevel systems don't come with any gauges because really, you don't need them.

The AutoPilot V2 from Air Lift on the other hand is a pressure based leveling system. Basically when the system will achieve a preset ride height by going off of the pressures in your bags and not the height of the car because there aren't any leveling sensors. If you add more weight to your car, the pressure in your bags will go up and the AutoPilot will want to air those bags out to match the preset ride pressures again. You can turn off the auto leveling feature so you don't have to worry about the car airing out randomly when you add weight but the system does come with 8 different user defined presets so you can easily compensate for load changes. Unlike the eLevel systems, the AutoPilot V2 is honestly the easiest form of management to install in a vehicle and the controller itself displays all four bag pressures as well as the tank pressure. Both types of management will allow you to adjust each corner of the vehicle individually but if you wanted to do that with the eLevel, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add gauges so you know what height you're at.

I just realized I wrote you an essay but I hope it helps

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Thanks for that reply, very helpful!

The Autopilot V2 sounds exactly what I'm looking for. When the air lines are 1/4, 3/8, 1/2" etc, is it basically just to suit the air bags? Or do larger lines fill up air bags quicker?
      Also, would 1 compressor be enough to lift up 2-3 tonne of weight? I read on these forums that someone had a problem lifting the front of their car, and added another compressor to fix the problem..

Comment

Thanks for that reply, very helpful!

The Autopilot V2 sounds exactly what I'm looking for. When the air lines are 1/4, 3/8, 1/2" etc, is it basically just to suit the air bags? Or do larger lines fill up air bags quicker?
        Also, would 1 compressor be enough to lift up 2-3 tonne of weight? I read on these forums that someone had a problem lifting the front of their car, and added another compressor to fix the problem..
        It's been my understanding that the larger lines do increase the speed of lift and drop. I have 3/8" lines in my Mustang and it does react pretty quick. There was only one compressor installed, so the fill-up time for the tank is forEVER!

I'm going with 2 compressors for whatever setup I decide to get this time around for my BMW. From what I heard, the wait time for fill-up should be next to nothing.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in from the experience. I am nowhere NEAR an expert like Rali.

Comment

UNFoRGIVEN is right. The larger the air line size, the quicker your car will move up and down. I would recommend going with either 1/4" or 3/8" with the V2. The larger the air line size, the easier it will be to overshoot a certain pressure you're trying to reach so I wouldn't really recommend going with 1/2" lines although some people like them.

Adding another compressor won't help lift your car any higher since your overall tank pressure will still remain the same. A second compressor will however help increase your tank refill rate so that you will have a higher tank pressure ready at an earlier point in time (when compared to the fill times of a single compressor).

Comment

Would I be able to connect another line to the system somehow so I can inflate tires, as well as having all 4 corners connected?

Rali, can I contact you directly at sales@bagriders.com? I've noticed you guys have the autopilot v2 system

Comment

Would I be able to connect another line to the system somehow so I can inflate tires, as well as having all 4 corners connected?

Rali, can I contact you directly at sales@bagriders.com? I've noticed you guys have the autopilot v2 system
              Yeah you can definitely connect a tool port to your tank and then run a 25 - 50 foot coiled hose off of it to fill your tires. Shoot an email to my personal address: rali@bagriders.com. There are a couple of us that share the sales emails.

Comment

Working...
              X