VIC: Anyone ever had a notch engineered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIC: Anyone ever had a notch engineered

Basically im lined up to get one. But would rather do it legally/engineered IF possible.

Already need one over my drivers side driveshaft, and will need one soon over the passengers side driveshaft. Basically making a ~38mm semi circle cutout over each shaft up front.

Anyone know of where to go and who to talk to about getting it done in VIC/Melbourne eastern suburbs?
    Had a quick flick through the threads on here and did a quick google search but couldn't find much reliable info.
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

cant be done.

Your car has srs safety airbags, and any chassis modifications would jeopardise the structure due to the crumple zones of the car etc. They would also render the car a statutory write off.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Also, have to go to airide within the next fortnight, will price up the shiz for you

Comment

Is anyone ever gonna know? I mean, it's not like it's in an easy-to-see spot, and once it's reinforced and painted with some black textured paint it'll look stock and be just as strong. #internet-engineer

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
          Is anyone ever gonna know? I mean, it's not like it's in an easy-to-see spot, and once it's reinforced and painted with some black textured paint it'll look stock and be just as strong. #internet-engineer
          And if shit hits the fan, an people die...

Wouldn't you **** to be that driver, Knowing what you did to your car was the possible reasoning for crumple zones not reacting as they should.

Just saying, If you need to notch. Contact an angineer first an ask them if it's possible. Because if not, You car is a write off as oxer said, An you might as well throw it out.

Comment

They stopped allowing notches to be engineered in act and nsw as well which is devastating. Minitruck scene has gone out the window.
            Originally posted by TRaNz
            We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

Ignorance is bliss?
              House of Stance
              RAW Works

Comment

just need someone who is leanient on roadies, and never sell the car ever.

if you cant get roadies, and are planning on selling the car at any point then dont do it. if you're keeping it forever, do what you want, but any accident etc, insurance = void.

Comment

Originally posted by foffa View Post
                  They stopped allowing notches to be engineered in act and nsw as well which is devastating. Minitruck scene has gone out the window.
                  minitruck notches can still be passed down here, pretty sure they can in nsw too....

However a notch on a chassis'd vehicle is different to a monochassis vehicle(car)

Comment

Ahhhh my mistake. That's just what I was told. Guess I'm never selling the mk1 then haha
                    Originally posted by TRaNz
                    We ride homos together, we die homos together. Homos 4 Lyfe. <3

Comment

Dylan if you notch your car ill still ride shotgun and toot your horn!

Comment

ah ok. yeah figured id just see if it was possibly done legally before doing anything.

car isnt worth anything these days so no point trying to sell it. Guess the only thing would be if I got a major or accident, which as Ox said would just have to find a 'friendly roadworthy guy'
                        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Working...
                        X