This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagging a w124

So I'm looking into a new world for myself. I have no clue about bagging cars except the basic concept of what it does. I was looking into replacing my suspension with springs and shocks/struts, but don't think it'll get me low enough. I would also like having an adjustable height depending on what I'm doing that day since this is my daily driver.

I found this "FBSS airride kit" at x2 industries here but I am not familiar with air ride at all so have no idea if this is a poor quality product or what?

I've also gone on AccuAir but I don't even know what I'd need to even start looking through this site and it's all just confusing to me..I'm better off entering my car year and model and ordering a kit at this point....

Does anyone know of any specific setups/kits that have yielded good reviews for a w124? Any bit of information or anything is helpful.

Thanks

do you have a link of the 2x seperate kits you're after?

Comment

I **** to self-promote, but I'm midway through putting my W124 on air, and you're welcome to check out my build and see what I'm working with. Like I say, it's only halfway done, but I'm hoping to get some damn work done on it this weekend, so there may be some more data for you in a day or two in there.

I wound up coming to the conclusion that off-the-shelf kits for the W124 were simply not going to happen, so I had custom brackets made that I trimmed until they just barely kept the bags from rubbing. Bag clearance in the rear is crazy tight on a W124, so I settled on Slam Specialties SS-5s all around, which I simply adore. Management is AccuAir E-Level Rocker Switch, and again, I can't say enough good things about it.

IMO, BagRiders is a great place to start shopping. I got 90% of my gear from them, and their customer service is excellent, and they've got a really helpful website.

EDIT: **** rhymes with ate and starts with an h.

Comment

Will do bud, cheers. im having a gease at your build thread now. amazing

Comment

Working...
        X