BBS RK | ET38 | 16x8 | 14.9 LBS / ea | clean! | $550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RK | ET38 | 16x8 | 14.9 LBS / ea | clean! | $550

Up for sale or for viewing pleasure is a set of BBS RK rims.

They are very clean, with only a couple scuff marks "here and there" which are basically almost imperceptible other than to the die hard wheel perfectionist.

I have cleaned the rims 3 times, with Sonax and LA totally awesome (which is actually totally awesome) and immediately cleaned with loads of water. If you wanted them to be perfect, maybe one more cleaning and then an application of wax or Klasse or something to protect the finish. A couple of the pics were snapped before all the brake dust schmaltz and tar was fully wiped off, but should give a good idea of the condition.

My comments - these rims are super light. And from what I have read, apparently quite strong. I guess they are track oriented wheels, and with the ET38 offset would be ideal for a BMW E36. Maybe good for E46 too. They roll super smooth on my E28 with spacers and long lugs. The long lugs and spacers I bought with the wheels, and the lugs are so cool! More on those in a sec. I think the spacers are 15mm, which gives these an effective ET23 offset on my E28 which is pretty good for that car actually, of course I prefer even lower ET on my car for the look. So, on to the lugs. They are made by "Mac Schloss", some Italian manufacturer. There's an umlaut over the "o" as in "Mac Schlöss". The bolts are 10.9, longer lugs, and the lugs also have a nifty 3pt locking lug. They are actually Italian made per the box stamp, I'd guess 10-20 years old (that's again my W.A.G.), and they come with the case, 20 extended lug bolts, 4 locking extended lug bolts, and part of those 20 extended lugs includes "spares" (if you want the option to not use locks w/ the set, like you're on the track), the plastic "beauty cap removal tool" (kind of worn out, doesn't grab the cap so great), and two of the "beauty caps" to simulate the end of a lug nut. Two of those "beauty caps" are missing, but I was truly unworried about that, the set is complete other than those two thin wimpy beauty cap pieces which don't affect functionality whatsoever. The longer lugs were a real score, and the lugs and spacers would be also for sale, but I won't give them away, as I love the flexibility that these provide me, and simply having a set is cool. Anyway, sorry to ramble. If you have any interest in the lugs and spacers, let me know, I would sell separately - once these wheels sell - to an interested person for a price I am comfortable with. I was thinking $110 for the spacers (all 4) 15mm hub centric 5x120 aluminum spacers) and $110 for the locking/extended lug nut set, because of the seeming rarity. At least to me it's rare and cool and worth it. Still not sure I am wanting to sell those other items. But as a note, they exist and could likely be plied from my hands

Wheel specifications:
    Model: BBS RK
    Size: 16x8
    Offset: ET38 (good offset for 3 series, say E36's, and other BMW's may want to use spacers. Photos are on my 1987 535is "E28" BMW w/ 15mm spacers)
    Weight: 15.9 LBS / EA
    Hub Bore: 72.56mm
    Bolt Pattern: 5x120 BMW fitment
    BBS Center Caps: Included
    BBS Valve Stem Caps: Included

Price:
    Offered for $550, shipping will be actual cost, estimated at $25 or so per wheel within Continental USA.

Location: Seattle, Pacific Northwest, Washington, USA. Contact Spen via PM or text/call US # (4-TOO-5) TOO 4 6 - ATE 1 NINER 7.

Pictures:

Last edited by Spen; 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM.

These have sold. Thanks everyone and sincere apologies for the other interested party who did not get them, I had to commit to the first buyer.

Comment

Working...
    X