MK1 Astra Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1 Astra Van

Well seein as I said I'd start a thread on my van build here goes.

I got the van back in 2007 after looking for one for a while, it was a magazine featured car and everyone loved it. But little did I know of what was to happen and what a bad job had been made of the car.

This is how it looked when I got it

Did a few shows in it that year then decided at the start of 2008 to strip the engine out as it needed a rebuild and see what else was needed.

Well change of job and working away alot meant that the rebuild took a hell of a lot longer than planned so here are selected pics from that time period.

Engine Coming Out

Interior Stripped

Massive Hole in footwell

Then fast forward to September 2009 and a real good freind started his own buiness and offered to fix up my van at cost and that was the inspiration I need to get it road worthy again

So off it went to have all the rust and bad metal cut out and the van rebuilt

Most of the front was removed as it was all rust, it was at this point I nearly didn't carry on with it

The spring cup should be attached to the chassis

So my frien worked his magic and these are some of the results

Floor removed and fixed

Now that looks better

Now the car has since been painted as I want and is back with me for the main part of the rebuild. I am going for the Euro look so some tricks are yet to be reveiled.

I will over the coming months and hope to have it on the road for June/July this year.

Comments Welcome. I hope you like it
    MK1 Astra Estate
    MK1 Astra Van

Nice work so far man.

1990 325is- current project
    1986 325e- Parts Donator
    2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
    1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Holy Shit! I love old Opel Kadetts! I can't wait to see where this is going!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
      X