e30 needing to go lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30 needing to go lower

hey yall so i got blistien sport shocks with ground control adjustable coils, how low will i be able to get it with this setup, i currently have sport max 15x8 on, and i also have not welded the new plates to the struts....what should be my next move

Ok.

Short body struts or regular length?

Camber plates?

And tire size on the 15x8s?

Flickr

Comment

as for the struts i have no idea,but i think they might be the regular length.

camber plates, nope

tires, 195 45 15

Comment

Bilstein doesn't offer a shorter shock that will fit e30 housings, well, at least not one that anyone has found yet. To answer your question, camber plates will drop your car nearly an inch because of the lower stack height compared to the stock strut mounts.. but to really lower the car a lot more you need to buy a pair of shorter Konis from GC (1198SPGC) and shorten your strut housings. Mine are shortened 1.5 inches, and although I sometimes wish it were a bit lower, it's still plenty slammed

Comment

^ you can use bilsteins from a g60 with shortened housings.

If you are on e30 billys ( i assume so) there is an internal bumpsto that you can cut, giving you an inch more travel. (now lower the car another inch with shorter springs or threading down or whatever. Beyond that, GC camber plates will lower the car maybe 1/2 an inch and give you some strut travel.

Flickr

Comment

bilstien from a g60 would be what????

so do you think i would still be safe lowering where the spring sits by welding the spring seat lower on the e30 strut housing about 1.5 inches, with of course cutting the bumb stop and adding camber plates

Comment

Corrado.

have any pics of what you mean?

Flickr

Comment

stehpen, your avatar thing makes me hungry.

and i think the mk2 shocks are the same as the corrado ones, could be wrong though...

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Bilstiens from a 325ix work. Pretty much bolt in besides for shortening the housings.

About going lower though, have you cut off the factory perch? Just welding the collar lower won't work, because all the way down there is only about .25" of travel on stock shocks.

Comment

^ theres pretty much no travel all the way down even using the stock weld for the sleeve.

Flickr

Comment

Thats what I'm trying to say lol. I drove around like that on 17's for a few months with soft springs. Not much fun.

Comment

no i havent cut the stock purch yet, thats what i was planning but now i kno it wont work, so im gonna get new shocks up front then, can i find bilstien shocks at the junk on all corrado and 325ix??? making progress ha

Comment

Cut the stock rear springs in half in New Zealand we're not allowed to so this due to our road laws but that will bring the ride height mint. With my coilovers which are similar in set up to the GC ones I threw the collar in the rear as it was just stealling height being there. In the front go and find some shorter inserts and cut the front strut as low as possible then weld the collar on as low as possible just be weary of the fact that the sump will only be about an inch off the ground.
                          Tyres are just annoying rubber bands that get in the way of going lower and wider

Comment

Working...
                          X