m62 into e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m62 into e30

Going to attempt this swap in my current e30, 325e.
    if anyone has any info, or finds a write up on it, or anything at all that would be appreciated, if i find any more information i will post it in here for anyone who would be interested.

^^ this idea isn't happening anymore :/ however if i stumble upon stuff i can throw it in here.

Comment

Talk to Byron, he did a m60 swap, maybe its the same? idk
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
      Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

I think he did the 524td^ m60 and m62 are basically the same. Theres info on R3vlimited.com. The hardest/trickyest part is the brake booster relocation.

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
        [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
        I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
          I think he did the 524td^ m60 and m62 are basically the same. Theres info on R3vlimited.com. The hardest/trickyest part is the brake booster relocation.
          No Byron did the M60.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Main issue as said is the booster. The e34 booster is popular, garagistic also makes a manual pedal bracket for a wilwood/titlton setup. They also make a mount kit.
            [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
              Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              No Byron did the M60.
              I can't believe how many people think I have a diesel swap. I jokingly said ONCE that it was a diesel because of the noise from the rod knock.

If you're doing an m62 swap, be sure to get a non-Vanos engine. The m62tu's make the swap 10x harder with no gains.

Comment

for more information to swap a m60 into a e30

all written down for m60, m62, s62
                - electric part
                - gearbox
                - exhaust
                - engine position

...but all in german :/

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                  I can't believe how many people think I have a diesel swap. I jokingly said ONCE that it was a diesel because of the noise from the rod knock.

If you're doing an m62 swap, be sure to get a non-Vanos engine. The m62tu's make the swap 10x harder with no gains.
                  I love your Diesel
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                  X