why do i buy garbage parts...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do i buy garbage parts...?

well i did, i bought garbage basically- the ebay lowering springs for my 96 ek hatch, i just wanted to go down a couple inches untill i decide what im doin with the car. i didnt expect awesome quality but the springs were less than half the length of the origonal spring and came with o rings? me n my buddy stared at it for a couple hours today trying to figure out how the F this is suppose to work right. the springs were so insanely small the shock wouldnt even be able to stay together. i can try posting a pic of what they look like but if anyone whos used these before please help. if not i wasted 50$

Theyre not keeper/helper springs are they?
    AGRORB - 93 Skyline HR32 GTS25 Type-M Anniversary

Comment

you bought COILOVER springs. not your standard OEM springs. did your ebay purchase come with the sleeves? do you have aftermarket shocks or are you using oem?

stock springs

coil springs

Comment

they came with adjustable sleeves and said they worked with factory struts.. they look about as big as those red ones ^ but my stock springs r another 1/4 taler than those blues in comparison. ugh its just a waste of time im gonna return them, found some decent coillovers for around 5-600$ n itll be way more legit than springs. besides raceland (which r on backorder) anyone know a cheap coilover for under 600 for all 4 that r legit? thanks

Comment

That's why people say save up and buy quality first time. Your doing it again with the cheap coils

Comment

y did u buy garbage parts

because u wanted the cheap option

but u overlooked cutting coils
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

ive ran cut coils b4 n just bounced around n blew the struts. i really did consider it again. im going cheap on purpose, i already know the whole "get what u pay for deal" but this is just my daily beater, the quality goes into my other car. i only do a little highway to work (smooth roads) and rarely even hafta drive around town unless its for an event or food. its a little ek hatch that never has more than 1 passenger. im sure some affordable coilovers that get me low n still drive halfway decent will be just fine. should be in the mail n ill post pics when their in. maybe this could be a good way for me to review a cheap coilover. could be suprised, never know

Comment

somewhat sounds like you're just having a horrible change of heart

toss those away and get something better man.

Comment

They are going to be alot smaller, thats how it lowers the car. I did that same thing ONCE, bought cheap "adjustable" lowering springs from ebay. They were alot smaller than stock. Never again.
                  cheap/junk/fads/build
                  HVLP
                  4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                  X