Rare and vintage. 70s Volk Magnesium Mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare and vintage. 70s Volk Magnesium Mesh

I said I would never sell this set, but I am considering, so putting this up as a feeler. I have owned them for a few years, have done a very slow refurb on them one piece at a time (all by hand) with the hope that one day I would have a project that these could work on.

fast forward a few years.... still sitting on a shelf, just waiting to get some tires on them. Which is why I am considering putting these up for sale.

known to be one of the first wheels Volk made (before even being called volk racing), these are a set of the mesh wheels dating back to '76.

14x8 offset 20 all around.
    5x114 (super rare and random) magnesium centers, 6061 lips and barrels. This set has not been driven on in some time, as the owner before me had them for 10 years approx, and never used them, ive owned them for at least 3, same thing applies

these have 2" bubble lips that I hand polished to a mirror finish, inner barrels that have been stripped and brushed, and the magnesium centers have been media blasted with a very fine baking soda, and then cleared. bolts were removed, disassembled, and my anodizer did a blackening (forgetting the name) which is a strong coating that is hardened onto the bolts. I also had measurements taken, and had a piece of aluminum thrown over a mold and pressed to make a center cap. had them coated in a medium grey, and they slide in from the back. they are 20ga, so they are super light caps.

these things are pretty damn cool, and super light. they weigh in total about 10 lbs. the centers were structurally tested about a year ago and passed without issues. and thats about all I can say about them. Very cool, super rare set that unfortunately I never got to use. The wheels do have a little pitting here and there, but nothing that wouldnt make these perfectly show-able.

If someone wants me to have these coated (can only use low temp powders on magnesium) or maybe shot in a booth, we can work out those details.. Anything is possible

At this point, I am looking for somewhere in the range of 2000 for the set. I am open to offers, but have no interest in talking to window shoppers, or people who plan on lowballing. am in no particular rush to sell these, so if you have the slightest thought that you can pull a fast one here and get them for a "steal", dont bother. These look cool on my shelf in the garage next to the trophies, so i dont really care if they stay up there for a little longer. Just thought I would give someone else the opportunity to run these on an mk1 or something cool. would love to see these on a rabbit or caddy

Will ship these within the lower 48, shouldnt cost much as these weigh in total about 40lbs for all 4 wheels..

if someone wants a little more info, spinFAB.net i did a blog post a few months ago on the set. take a look :beer:

studio.delucav@gmail.com is the easiest way to discuss things.

as of a few weeks ago...

they are all assembled, sealed, and waiting for a new home..

UPDATE 1250 takes these
    Last edited by 1badg35; 09-05-2012, 08:33 PM.
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

I think I'm in love:O

Comment

Working...
    X