Tougher CV boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tougher CV boots?

My car likes to tear through cv boots like its nobody's business, they dont last more than a few months. Has anyone ever heard of a cv boot thats built a bit tougher for instances where the angle of the axle is on the extreme side? I'm so tired of replacing them bishes

ig: @jonnie86

raxels come with hardcore cv's i believe

Comment

Originally posted by grundle View Post
      raxels come with hardcore cv's i believe
      Im pretty sure they do. Thats a pretty common problem on the VW platforms, you're not alone.

Comment

i have the same problem with my civic

Comment

Same, except mine only last a month.
          Looks like Im going to try raxles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
            My car likes to tear through cv boots like its nobody's business, they dont last more than a few months. Has anyone ever heard of a cv boot thats built a bit tougher for instances where the angle of the axle is on the extreme side? I'm so tired of replacing them bishes
            Where are you getting the replacements? When I was at VW the replacement VW boots were quite stout but very complex to get clamped correctly due to the design of the factory tool. It often took a spare set of hands and a bench vise to get the band clamps properly seated in the grove on CV joint. Perhaps it's installer error?

Erik

Comment

Yup, Raxles. I actually just sent mine back to Marty @ Raxles to get one of them rebuilt because of a completely ripped boot (I have none at all on the inner anymore lol and a sloppy inner joint). No questions asked, no hassle. Good people.

PS: This is rebuild #2 and counting.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

If you find you need someting even tougher than Raxles I've had very good luck with axles from the driveshaft shop. They were the only CV joints I could find that would take the impact of axlehop on launch combined with R-comps in my old corrado.

Comment

god only knows whats under there since i didn't replace them and i didn't ask too many questions. I might just do it myself and see what happens.

Comment

I used to buy VW rebuilts and they never lasted long. Go for new ones and they should last quite awhile.

Comment

i **** this about the S4. front and rear axles poop out randomly. and i **** the fact that i always end up receiving A4 or Passat axles

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

just found out i have raxle oem replacements.

Comment

I just don't run CV boots.

Seriously.

Comment

snapped my driver side one less than a week after installing the coilovers. wondered what all this grease was on my new wheel.... not makin noise or anything but ill eventually need one. i only have about 52K miles too.

i was told by a chain mechanic shop it would be around $180 installed for a brand new one. guess its my american made japanese car lol. sorry for u VW guys.

on and tuck&poke, i sent u a PM did u get it?

Comment

im gonna have to agree dont run boots. Take all of the grease out before hand or it will get thrown all over your bay trust me as soon as i got my car off the jack the boots ripped and all the grease leaked onto my friends driveway. Just be glad your axles aren't falling out because of your input shaft angle... civics suck
                              HoodRatStatus
                              Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Working...
                              X