A question for track car builders: BRAKES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for track car builders: BRAKES

So I have this swap in mind in which I plan on basically updating / changing every system in the car, one of them being brakes. Its recently been discovered that my vacuum brake booster has developed an internal leak and so I can either go ahead with part of my brake upgrade and change the master cylinders or just let the car sit for a bit.

Im curious about deleting the power brake system all together in order to gain some simplicity, and I can deal with an annoyingly uncomfortable car + Ill have a dd so...
    My 67 truck has manual drums all round.

Anywho, what say ye builders of the speed on the topic of no power brakes in a disc brake car? Im also curious about the idea of using dual master cylinders for front/rear seperate braking.

I look forward to hearing any info you guys can throw my way.

EDIT: I shall now make my question more complex, here is a schematic of how the lines lay in ma car now. The two lines going to either side are two lines for each front wheel as I have four piston calipers. Question is can I get master cylinders/duals that will be easily integratable into this existing system?

Last edited by 6erWebb; 01-13-2010, 08:40 PM.

you have a few options here.
    one is to run a single cylinder setup, with a brake bias controller to control front and rear force

You can run a single line to each brake caliper, then use a dual outlet banjo on one side, with a line going to the front of your caliper as well. this will be the simplest way to set it up, but there are also dual outlet MC out there for your situation.

As for no power brakes, if the MC is made for it, its not too bad, but using a MC that is meant for power, is gonna be rough
    Disclaimer:
    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, thanks. that does confirm a couple ideas I had floating around. As for feel have you ever driven a car with a similar setup as the one being discussed and if so how would you describe the task of braking in such a car?

Comment

i wouldnt drive a car without power assistance. i ***** it. i drove a track miata for a few laps that had no power braking system, and it pissed me off
        Disclaimer:
        I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Working...
        X