This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd fuse blown.

i blew a fuse a while ago at a show, when i put a new 30a fuse in it was fine, until today. i blew 2 fuses today. one while driving, and when i put a new one in it blew as soon as i turned the car on.

what would cause this so randomly? if theres metal to metal contact somewhere would that do it? i was cruising pretty low and my upper control arms hit the top inside of the fender sometimes, not sure if that would cause a fuse to go tho.
    I like the tuna here

What is the fuse for?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

power, without it i cant use my controller, and compressor doesnt turn on.
      I like the tuna here

Comment

A 30A fuse is pretty small for your main power supply. What gauge is the power wire? Are you running any other accessories like a sub/amp off of the same power supply?

Comment

not sure what guage it is, not too big, maybe 12g. and no i dont have any subs.
          I like the tuna here

Comment

Are you running one or two compressors? What's your tank pressure cutoff and what management do you have?

Comment

12 gauge is pretty small to power a compressor to be honest. I've never seen anything like that smaller then 8 gauge.

30 amp is also a pretty low current fuse. I'd imagine a compressor has the potential to draw current upwards of 40-60 amps. Dunno though,

^^^that guy seems to know what he's talking about for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                Are you running one or two compressors? What's your tank pressure cutoff and what management do you have?
                one compressor to a 5 gal tank, max is 150psi and i have switchspeed management.
                I like the tuna here

Comment

Alright yeah, your setup isn't that crazy so you could probably just go with a 40a fuse. If you're using a 12 gauge wire, I would not go over 40a. If you still have issues, you should get an 8 gauge wire with a 40a fuse. Is your ground solid?

Comment

i went to get a 40a today but they looked too big to fit in the connector...do they make them in different sizes? i apologize for the dumb questions, but im new to any sort of wiring.
                    I like the tuna here

Comment

The one you found was probably an ANL fuse. You'll need a mini ANL.

Comment

true, they didnt have mini 40a's where i went, theyre a bit hard to find around here.
                        I like the tuna here

Comment

If you can't find any, we have them on our site.

Comment

Pattshreds,

Have you solved this issue? Just as an FYI, you have to account for voltage, wire length, and amperage.

At the length of wire you are running (10-14') say at 30 amps, the minimum size wire you should run is 8AWG at 13.8v. I highly recommend upgrading your wire to 4-6awg, at 8-12awg you are running at max potential and risking overheating the wire which is not fun.

I haven't verified Amperage draw on my Viar but better safe than sorry. The harder the Compressor runs the more amperage it draws. Harder meaning more heat, dirty filter, building to much pressure...

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                            X