Camber Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber Calculation

Hi fellas, im new to stance so im just working stuff out but i cant find much info regarding calculating camber. For example if i had 20mm of poke and wanted to bring that in almost flush using camber how would i calculate this?

So if you had 2 degree camber shim how much would that bring the top of the wheel in?

Please correct me if im wrong anywhere,

Cheers

Depends on how big of a wheel you got there buddy.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Ah right, sorry

Well basically im currently running a standard 7" ET44 and im going to ET42 9" but ive got to use PCD adapters which are 25mm thick so that will be ET17 at 9J

Cheers

Comment

Here is a really shitty picture i drew up.
        But what you need to know, is that you are poking 2cm / 20mm, and the height from the center of the wheel to the fender. Now you got two sites of a triangle and one angel that is (90degrees if you have 0 camber ""and if you are running 2degrees of camber its 92 etc etc"").
        Its simple geometry, you can use sinus equation to figure out what degree is needed to push the wheel in 20mm's.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Ahh i get you, so basically i could use Triganometry to work out the how every mm would effect the angle, i can do that , cheers for the diagram buddy

Comment

No problem man, if you are running a 205/40 on a 17x9 it equals to a total height of 600mm, and you only need half of that to work out what degree of camber you need.

So one side is 20mm (the poke), and one is 300mm (from wheel center line to top of the tire) and one angle is 90degrees, between the 20mm and 300mm. Now you just need to figure out, how much changing the angle of the bottom will affect the top. there are simple equations for that.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

That only applys to cars without McPherson struts though. The pivot point for a strut is way down below the centerline of the wheel, so the hypotenuse would be much longer than say a e36 rear would.

Comment

LOL love this thread.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

i have to agree. The differences in suspension designs would require a different formula to calculate the perfect amount of camber needed.
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop??

Comment

I know I'll probably get a lot of **** for this; but my preferred method is just toying around with the camber until it fits properly.

Make sure to record how much you change it each time in order to get the same results in both back wheels. But hey, math could work too

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                      That only applys to cars without McPherson struts though. The pivot point for a strut is way down below the centerline of the wheel, so the hypotenuse would be much longer than say a e36 rear would.
                      Yeah, i should have explained better. you need to know the pivot point of the camber adjustment.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
                        I know I'll probably get a lot of **** for this; but my preferred method is just toying around with the camber until it fits properly.

Make sure to record how much you change it each time in order to get the same results in both back wheels. But hey, math could work too
                        I do that as well. not every thing on paper works in real life.
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Loving this thread!

Build thread?

Comment

In the end I used washers and played till I was happy

Comment

Working...
                            X