Spring Compressor - NoVa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Compressor - NoVa

I'm hoping a StanceWorks member can help with cutting some coils off my springs. I own a 1998 E-Class Mercedes. Send me a PM if you can help me out. I recently bought a new set of AMG Monoblocks but I will look like a 4x4 if I install these I can offer cash, beer, pizza, and stickers in return for your help. I've been working in the sign industry for a long time and can make custom vinyl decals! I'm located in Alexandria but can travel to anywhere in NoVa.

Hope someone can help me out
    '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Do you have any tools and work space?

Comment

Adda boy Tabaka. This is gonna be good...nothing less than 1 1/2 all around. Trust me, I had to go back in a second time and cut another 1/4 off the fronts for a total of 1.75 coils off the front and 1.5 coils off the rears.

Comment

I live in a condo in Alexandria, but my fathers driveway is about 20'ft wide by 30'ft long in Springfield. There is a 25ft boat covering half of the driveway but I think there is still plenty of room. We have tons of tools other than the compressor itself. If you can think of any other tools that will be needed let me know. This "video" shows how to properly remove and install Mercedes Springs using a spring compressor.
        '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Comment

When we did mine we just completely dropped the suspension. Took off the skidplate once it was up on jackstands.There are horizontal kingpins at the bottom of the control arms that go from front to back and we unscrewed those. It was a PITA, well the rears were pretty easy but they had been in there so long we had to pound them out w/ a hammer and a screw driver and get them back in the same way. Not to mention hassling with a jack to get the control arms back in place so we could position them to get the springs back in.

Comment

so Nelson, you're saying it's a piece of cake?

That vid I posted makes it look super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaka View Post
              so Nelson, you're saying it's a piece of cake?

That vid I posted makes it look super easy.
              You would avoid all the hasslement we went through...but our way works if you can't find a spring compressor. We did mine early in the morning and I had to get it done and get to work by 10:00 so brews were outta the question. A case of brew would have made the job less stress for sure. It does look easier w/ a spring compressor though. My buddy had a black w210 SLAMMED at the time so he had already been through the routine. I think I remember reading somewhere that Autozone has them they can rent out. Too bad we don't live on opposite sides of the country, we could do the job here. Good Luck bro. Worst case check w/ a motor sports shop or even pep boys...have them pull your springs and cut them bad boys in the parking lot. Drive it to the other bay for alignment. Viola.

Comment

I just remembered that I have a huge shop bay available at my office. I completely forgot about the space. It has plenty of tools too. We wrap digital graphics on vehicles in this bay. It's heated and quite clean. If anyone has a spring compressor give me a shout. I might take your advice Nelson and see if Autozone rents them out.

Comment

I know advance auto parts rents them out. you pay for the cost of the tool and they refund the full amount when you return them
                  Last edited by simple g50; 01-12-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simple g50 View Post
                    I know advance auto parts rents them out. you pay for the cost of the tool and they refund the full amount when you return them
                    I'm going to stop by my local Autozone/advance auto tomorrow and see what they charge. I was kind of hoping someone local could give me a hand.

Comment

oh, I can also make custom Euro plates

If you've got the time, I've got the money and goods to trade!

Comment

so I've got the rental down and a couple of friends to help. I'll post some pics when I'm done next weekend. Can anyone recommend a shop that can roll my fenders? I doubt autozone rents out hub mounted fender rollers. lol

Comment

if you pm livindreams on vadriven he will rent it out to you. http://vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327735

Comment

Originally posted by simple g50 View Post
                            if you pm livindreams on vadriven he will rent it out to you. http://vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327735
                            Thanks for the referral

Comment

Nice, coming along. I can't wait to see how this goes. Make sure to take some before/after pics. I think you asked about paint chipping on the other forum but to answer your question... My front fenders paint was already cracked from tuck/turn and occasional rubber mallet to form the fender back as I have this one little spot that the tire would catch and pull the fender lip out (just think opposite direction of a fender roll LoL) But wheat we did was run some krazy glue under there between the paint/metal then I ran over that w/ some touch up paint. Jankie, but better than a huge flake popping off.

Comment

Working...
                              X