PDA

View Full Version : ElPaso? Moving there soon.

jinstall
07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Anyone in the EP area? Any shop recommendations?

Alexridesabike
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Honestly you'd be better off trying to find a El paso specific car website, the Texas section on stanceworks is a freakin graveyard.

jinstall
07-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Well crap.

motocaddy
07-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Honestly you'd be better off trying to find a El paso specific car website, the Texas section on stanceworks is a freakin graveyard.not like any of us Texas guys could help anyways, as it's about 800 miles from me and most the other major cities.

you're essentially moving to Juarez Mexico, so good luck on not dying. don't think there's much of a stance scene, but I hear the drug and prostitute scene is top-notch!

squeakyclean
07-23-2012, 06:25 PM
^^^ That.

I have friends that have family over there. They don't visit them anymore.

jinstall
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I am a weapons instructor for the military, not too worried about my personal safety. I do not let myself get into questionable situations. I do not plan on living in EP more like commuting to Fort Bliss from about 40-50 miles out.

kaidotech
08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Honestly you'd be better off trying to find a El paso specific car website, the Texas section on stanceworks is a freakin graveyard.

This. No one really talks on the TX thread. Houston has a massive scene but it seems like we all just talk on Facebook about events/shows. Not sure about El Paso.

not like any of us Texas guys could help anyways, as it's about 800 miles from me and most the other major cities.

you're essentially moving to Juarez Mexico, so good luck on not dying. don't think there's much of a stance scene, but I hear the drug and prostitute scene is top-notch!

This x2. It's hella far, and I dont know of any meets or people over there.

I am a weapons instructor for the military, not too worried about my personal safety. I do not let myself get into questionable situations. I do not plan on living in EP more like commuting to Fort Bliss from about 40-50 miles out.

Considering they decapitate armed military personal for fun I'd be careful :(

If you really want to get into the scene from El Paso I'd suggest commuting to some of the bigger meets like All Team Bash, Wekfest, HIN, etc. While you're there, network, meet people, keep in touch.

jinstall
08-10-2012, 06:13 AM
I have no interest in Juarez except having the Ford dealer ship me replacement e-spec parts for the car via UPS across the border.

Montreal e36
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM
elpasoeuros.com, they're pretty chill also definitely check out http://www.leadindustries.org

also check out 24/7 automotive they post here sometimes.