Airbags Went Off Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbags Went Off Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Got into my E46 to head to work, so far so good. I Get there, do what I got to do, so far so good. So I stop off at the post office to drop off some packages from work, everything is cool... or so i thought. So I'm sitting at this intersection waiting for the light to change bumping sum dope music, so the light turns green and I pull off, right as I clear the intersection Boom! The drivers side curtain air bag goes off along with the one on the arm rest. It scared the shit out of me. So I drove it another 2 blocks to my barber shop which was where I was going in the first place. So I talked to Geico and they had it towed to the nearest BMW dealership. What a fucking day!!!

On the towtruck ride to the BMW dealership. The driver was madd funny, had me crackin up the whole time. The sticker on the bumper says...."Stanceworks" ,seriously.

Last edited by BMWerke; 01-08-2010, 10:43 PM.

1990 325is- current project
    1986 325e- Parts Donator
    2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
    1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Looks like a electrical problem to me.

-Dan

Comment

Damn! That would scare the shit out of me too! Strange that they just went off like that... Good thing the steering wheel airbag didn't go off.....

Comment

is that how they looked when they went off, or do they deflate over time? doesnt look very cushiony to me... ???
        sigpic
        Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

Man, that's crazy. Glad you're alright.

Originally posted by 340i View Post
          is that how they looked when they went off, or do they deflate over time? doesnt look very cushiony to me... ???
          Lol. They deflate almost instantly afterwards. If your car kinda just spat out rolls of fabric, you'd be in trouble.

Comment

the only thing that hurt waz my arm cause it was resting on the armrest. But apparently 1999 and 2000 e46s had airbag recall because they "deploy in non-crash accidents". It smelled like fire crackers lmao

1990 325is- current project
            1986 325e- Parts Donator
            2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
            1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Originally posted by BMWerke View Post
              the only thing that hurt waz my arm cause it was resting on the armrest. But apparently 1999 and 2000 e46s had airbag recall because they "deploy in non-crash accidents". It smelled like fire crackers lmao
              Thats good news, BMW should fix it for free.

-Dan

Comment

damn that sucks man. heard about this happening before.

Comment

Reminds me of when I was 16 or 17 driving an e46 m3 vert on the back roads around here and had the safety roll over bars in the back of the seats pop up on me because I went over a hill to quick. I guess it thought I was airborne? Shit made me jump and I had no idea what it was until the next day. I thought I fucked something up suspension wise, lol.

Comment

this sorta stuff is why i love oldschool. theres just way less stuff to go wrong
                    sigpic
                    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

damn i would piss in my pants if that happened to me

Comment

Working...
                      X