X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped sensors, lost presets? Help!

I ave Accuair e-level.

My rear driver sensor ailed - nut part broke, so the bracket wasn't attached to anything.

I ordered new sensor, from ORT, it came in today. I swap sensors. Turn car on - nothing, lost all my presets.

I find my manual, and see this automatic calibration, but I've been waiting for alf hour and it's not don't anything,

Help!
    Air and Schmidts

K, it raises car all up, then when tank full, airs out completely

Then 1 2 3 lights blink fast 1 after other, then they start flashing at same time! After that I sit and wait and nothing happens
    Air and Schmidts

Comment

Found my problem

Nut on second sensor also broke but stayed on there

So I need another sensor now
      Air and Schmidts

Comment

Here's what I did in the mean time. This one didn't work because the screw was too long.i got another short screw with big washer for the 2 nd sensor. Mind you this is not perfect at all. I test drove the car, sit up and out a few times, so far it's holding up. But now I need a new sensor again.

Oh well. My mistake. I avoiding the rail road tracks and huge speed ump now.

Until I get new sensor, I'll auto adjust to daily height, then tap switch just a tad so that system thinks I'm adjusting manually and does not try to realign the car. Should be fine Neil I get yet another new sensor.
        Air and Schmidts

Comment

Sounds like you sorted yourself out Haha.

I would be looking at why they broke in the first place. It sounds like they are binding up throughout their travel, which isn't a good thing as this issue will continue to happen... Has nothing to do with hitting speed humps, or train tracks..
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

It was fine when first installed, then these people started this HUGE road work with a gant speed bump, I've been going over it really slow, but ths happened pretty much a couple weeks after they started work. Been fine for 2 months prior to that.

I also sent message to my installer to see what they say. Maybe they an ake a look. It's a Jetta, my sensor s on bottom control arm thing, top half is somewhere higher up.
            Air and Schmidts

Comment

I'm going to take apart completely my severely damaged useless sensor and see if ts safe to drill through it with a very fine drill but and make a mount of my own
              Air and Schmidts

Comment

Anyone take one apart and kno what's inside sensor?
                Air and Schmidts

Comment

are they sealed or can u pry them open?

Comment

Looks at it more, it's sealed

So I'll have to pry it open and hope I don't damage it more

I took out the hg screw, I ant to rey to lug it in and see if my arrows on controller light up red - IE I fuckd something up inside the sensor

If not, I'll keep going
                    Air and Schmidts

Comment

My rigged sensor is working out fie. If it fails, I'll get a nail with nice sized head, cut head and 1/3 of body, heat it up and plug the hole with it.

Working on getting my resets back to perfect. FML
                      Air and Schmidts

Comment

Think maybe I have a problem.

The sensor only can go so far, up or down, so may e it's reaching it's limit at either height? so maybe a bump or something and it went "snap"

When I did the calibration, it said that you get 10% 50% and 90% of travel

While my front did that, my rear only went up about 1/4" for 10%, maybe 3/4" for 50% and maybe 1-1.25" for 90% of suspension travel (from fender to the tire), while in fact, my suspension has A LOT more travel to it, when I changed presets manually.

Which is all wrong. Considering that the system should allow for like 6" of travel.

And this is through automatic calibration that the system goes through.

So I think it's not my low settings, I think it's my high settings. The sensor travel is limited, since it moves in a C kind of backer, in the free space (between the part that keeps C from becoming a full circle)

So I am going to air all out, try to get a sneak peak at where the sensor bracket is located a this setting, car is never going past this point, and see if I can relocate the lower height sensor bracket, swing it up a little.

Thanks!
                        Last edited by POMAH; 07-11-2012, 04:06 AM.
                        Air and Schmidts

Comment

you're welcome.
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Well, lol, I'm not sure if it's making any sense, hahah

I'm also thinking of adding Dakota Digital pressure monitor thing, odyssey or w/e, for the future.

But I think once I work this out I should have no problems at all.

Accuser guys chime in?
                            Air and Schmidts

Comment

Well, lol, I'm not sure if it's making any sense, hahah

I'm also thinking of adding Dakota Digital pressure monitor thing, odyssey or w/e, for the future.

But I think once I work this out I should have no problems at all.

Accuair guys chime in?
                              Air and Schmidts

Comment

Working...
                              X